Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Realme2008

Dan's AHA helps with blackheads, right?

I'm assuming it does, because it exfoliates skin. I have some on my nose, and benzoyl peroxide has never really taken care of them.

I'm assuming it does, because it exfoliates skin. I have some on my nose, and benzoyl peroxide has never really taken care of them.

I'm waiting in suspense for an answer to this.. I just got my AHA in the mail so if it got rid of blackheads that would be an awesome bonus! ^___^

You know what? I just applied some on my nose overnight, and when I woke up a lot of my blackheads came out. I'm going to continue using it to see the full results.

Yes, it does help. The Regimen via benzoyl peroxide can usually be extremely effective at killing and preventing inflamed acne because it oxygenates the skin. However, it does not take care of non-inflamed acne (blackheads, whiteheads) as well. To combat non-inflamed acne, you should use either AHAs or BHAs (sal acid for example) because they exfoliate the skin.

Yes, what Dasha said. Aha works a little in removing a few black heads but what is the most effective would be BHA also known as salicylic acid. Unlike AHA, SA is strong enough to penetrate deep into skin and exfoliate in pores. It's known as one of the most effective blackhead fighters. I helps treat acne at the same time since it cleans the pores by removing oils and dead skin cells.

I use the paula's choice BHA but it was too harsh on my sensitive skin. Somehow even strong than Benzoyl Peroxide. Lol

I haven't had good experiences with using salicylic acid before. It never really works that well to kill my acne. Benzoyl Peroxide is the only thing I've used successfully to kill my facial acne. Also when I use salicylic acid it tends to stop working when it's only doing an okay job.

Maybe you should try Dan's Sal acid. It is jammed pack with other acne-fighting ingredients and is supposed to be the best. I've never tried it, but all of Dan's other products are extremely high quality so I'm sure his Sal Acid is as well. You can try it here.

So far the AHA is working well. Still have some blackheads, but to me they look smaller and some are still coming out. I might try SA if the results are not what I want. I'm going to give this product at least a full month though before I move on. Especially since I'm already seeing results. :dance:

Congrats Realme.

I used AHA quite a lot, but still always have blackheads on my nose that goes nowhere.

Guessing it works only for certain people, even my Salicylic Acid stopped working on me lol.

FAIL.

Yep, black heads really seem to be coming out. I'm going to focus on the sides of my nose though, because I still have got a lot there.

It does help a bit in conjunction with a bha. I use Stridex pads in the red box and then the aha, but this may be too much for some. You could try adding a bha once a day and moving up to twice a day.

The BP doesn't do anything for Whiteheads? :S

I thought it did, and that's what I have most trouble with...

I do have AHA, but am waiting till I'm ready to use it