Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ansara

chicken pox scars

Hello, I am new to the site.

I have chicken pox scars from childhood. I have a total of 14 scars on my face, all ranging in size and depth. I'm interested in excision for the deeper scars on my forehead. I would really like to hear from anyone who has tried to improve these scars. Also, I am looking for a doctor who has experience working with these scars.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by ansara

If micro silicone is good for those kind of scars, which I think it is? I would go to dr. lam.

I go to him for many things, and if he can't help he will tell you honestly. But, if something is within his doing, wow, you will love it.

Not sure about your pox scars...but mine are 2 month old...I just got my 2nd Fraxel Restore last week. Got my 1st session a week before I got my chicken pox :evil::doh:

Maybe because the scars are still new, and I've been putting various vitamins, moisturizers, vitamin E, aloe vera, fruit mud mask exfoliators like there's no tomorrow....some of them are about 50% smaller now and complexion is definitely better...

If micro silicone is good for those kind of scars, which I think it is? I would go to dr. lam.

I go to him for many things, and if he can't help he will tell you honestly. But, if something is within his doing, wow, you will love it.

Thanks. I googled Dr. Lam, and there are two, one in Miami and one in Tampa. Which are you referring to?

Not sure about your pox scars...but mine are 2 month old...I just got my 2nd Fraxel Restore last week. Got my 1st session a week before I got my chicken pox :evil::doh:

Maybe because the scars are still new, and I've been putting various vitamins, moisturizers, vitamin E, aloe vera, fruit mud mask exfoliators like there's no tomorrow....some of them are about 50% smaller now and complexion is definitely better...

I've had my scars for 20 years and they have healed and are white . I have never gotten used to them and this is something I have always wanted to do (Improve the appearance). I'm looking more for a way to raise the scars or lessen their appearance because I have so many.

I have chicken pox scars from childhood. I have a total of 13 scars on my face, all ranging in size and depth. I'm interested in excision for the deeper scars on my forehead. I would really like to hear from anyone who has tried to improve these scars. Also, I am looking for a doctor who has experience working with these scars.

I had quite a few Fraxel Restore treatments for my acne scarring. I had one small chicken pox scar near my chin that improved by almost 100%.

id recommend trying garden of wisdom go away scar cream. theres a girl on MUA that swears this cream got rid of her chicken pox scars. based on her raving about it,i started using it about 6 weeks ago on an indented scar and it has drastically improved it.