Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gamm

Cleanser + Moisturizer ingredients for oily skin

Greetings,

I have very oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. I am currently using a product that is a 'soothing cleansing gel' as I've heard that gel cleansers work best on oily skin, while cream cleansers work best on dry skin.

Anyway, the ingredients of the cleanser are:

Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Niacinamide, Zinc Lactate.

I still have a lot of the product remaining. I plan to switch to either Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, when I'm done.

Do you guys advise I switch immediately?

Do parabens irritate the skin?

Both the cleansers that I am considering have some ingredient that is irritating to the skin.

1. The Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser contains Propylparaben and Methylparaben.

2. The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which I've read is a skin irritant.

Why then, do a lot of people, recommend these products?

For the moisturizer, I am considering the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. The Cetaphil product where I'm from has the following ingredients:

Glycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, macadamia nut oil, dimethicone, stearoxytrimethylsilane, stearyl alcohol, dexpanthenol.

Are the ingredients safe enough to use it on my oily skin? What about the macadamia nut oil?

I look forward to your comments.

Thank You.

def buy cetaphil i like it because it clenas your face good without drying it out real bad. diffrent things work for diffrent people maybe you should experiment with both.

I would recommend Cetaphil as well. If your face feels tight and dry after you wash it, then the cleanser you're using it probably too harsh.

Should I immediately switch from my current gel cleanser (see ingredients above) to the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser?

For the moisturizer, I am looking at 3 different products:

1. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

3. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15

The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion that is available here looks different from the original bottle, and has the following ingredients:

Glycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, macadamia nut oil, dimethicone, stearoxytrimethylsilane, stearyl alcohol, dexpanthenol

I just want to add that where I'm from, the climate is hot and humid all year round. Add to that, that I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin

Hi, for the moisturizer I really really recommend the Clinique Moisture Surge.. its oil free and its the best moisturizer I've used.. ever! and I've tried many many moisturizers.. I have very oily skin too and my skin also breaks out.

Its quite pricey but try and go to macys and try it out.. lol I never pictured myself buying this but last week I went to get my 3rd jar!

Also, a great cleanser I used.. (very cheap btw, like 2-3 dollars @walmart) is the St ives naturally clear cleaner (not the scrub) it has salicilyc acid & its paraben + sodium laureth sulfate - free : )

I really hope my suggestions help, I'm going to try the cetaphil cleanser as soon as i run out of my st ives cleanser.

Try CreVe as a moisturizer. its non-cosmetic and the best moisturizer i ever use so far. you can find it at CVS or wal-green.

Hello, i have super oily skin....n from past 3 weeks i started using cetaphil with a pinch of bakin soda to cleanse my face...i do this twice a week....n my skin is way less oily and also am havin less break out thou its too early to say if its coz of this.......but yes my skin is less oilier after i started using bakin soda......