Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UFOrescue

"Acne friendly" TV-programs, movies, etc?

My cousin lent me all 9 seasons of X-files a while ago. I have been watching them with great interest and at some point I noticed how unperfect skin most of them had. You can easily see all their small acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles and stuff like that. It made me feel good, 'cause it's such a relief to see that far from everyone has perfect skin and that there are lots of people who are comfortable with themselves and don't worry about small things like that.

What makes you feel good about your skin?

Haven't really thought of it. I don't see too many shows with acne sufferers.

I saw a programme this morning here in the UK and a young lad about 18 or 19 had fairly bad acne. I would never be confident enough to go on TV with acne. I dont think id be confident enough without (having said that I have been on TV twice :P)! But good on him. He hasnt let his acne get him down or stop him from living his life.

I also notice when watching Coronation Street, for those that are familiar with the programme, that David has bad skin that is covered with make up but you can still see it. I seem to remember reading a magazine article about him and he said that he has acne. He must be in his early 20s now.

I just wish there were more 'obvious' sufferers on TV. Then maybe it would become less of a taboo. Its always in the glossy celeb mags about how this person and that person has 'acne'. But most of the time they have one small pimple on their cheek and they are getting ridiculed for it.

There are not enough acne sufferers on TV. I'm not saying throw thousands of acne sufferers onto the big screens, but if someone is talented but has bad skin they should be able to get a chance. It isn't right to fill our screens with people who have absolutely perfect skin, because in reality, they are not real people. They have layers and layers of make up on even if they have the smallest of pimples and I believe this gives young people false impressions. In some cases this will make an acne or bad skin sufferer more depressed because they can't be like the absolutely perfect person they see on their tele.

It's the same in magazines, people are photo-shopped and edited to look like angels with the smoothest and clearest skin. I think this is completely wrong and in some ways insults us who have bad skin. But I suppose this is how life is and we have to live with it.

I saw a programme this morning here in the UK and a young lad about 18 or 19 had fairly bad acne. I would never be confident enough to go on TV with acne. I dont think id be confident enough without (having said that I have been on TV twice :P)! But good on him. He hasnt let his acne get him down or stop him from living his life.

Is it Merlin?

I love that show Place in the sun. Makes me dream. But that's not really the kind of how the OP is talking about, I don't think?

When I saw the title I laughed because, there are no acne friendly shows :surprised: Some actors claim to have had or have acne but none of them really have severe kind of acne that shelters someone life. :surprised:

I would like to see a girl with proper acne win Miss Universe. Black people dreamed of a black president, he came, why can't acne people dream of such a day aswell 8)

when the day comes (in never) someone please drop the message on top of my grave " Finally it has happened acne sufferers are seen as beautiful too and the top paid actress infact, has noticeable acne" :surprised:

the only show i see that people have acne is the secret life of the american teenager otherwise everyone is soo damn beatutiful. like on dsiney channel selena gomez has the most amazing skin ever.

It's the same in magazines, people are photo-shopped and edited to look like angels with the smoothest and clearest skin. I think this is completely wrong and in some ways insults us who have bad skin. But I suppose this is how life is and we have to live with it.

Yeah. They airbrush all those celebrities to the point where they don't have pores. Which means they're aliens.

I agree that most TV-shows and movies have actors with absolutely perfect skin or almost perfect, but that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be some actors with obvious acne or other skin problems. I've seen a few with quite obvious acne scarring for example and not in a documentary about acne. I think X-files is a good series because they haven't put tons of makeup on the actors skins, at least not in their older seasons.

Well, I guess the only way to get bad acne sufferers on TV is to write a good script about an acne sufferer and make something of it. There are tons of movies about being overweight and other beauty issues (like the Korean movie 200 pounds of beauty), but I have never seen a movie spesifically about an acne sufferer.

Well i just LOOOOOOVE makeover shows like queer eye and tim gunns fashion fix. some of the people on there start out with pretty bad skin but then they always end up looking really nice, i'd like to get on one of those shows.

If not just for the hot guys ;)

I didn't notice acne at all on any shows or movies until I watched stuff in high def. I first noticed when watching Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and Renee got a close-up. I literally said, "WOW!" Then I started noticing imperfect skin everywhere. Now, the only place I don't see unperfect skin is in cartoons, and even some cartoon characters have spots.

UFO, I'd love to see a show about people with acne - teens and adults alike. Maybe even a makeover show where folks get to see the routines they go through in order to cover it up, and then follow these folks as they go through treatment(s) - show the redness, burning, peeling, crying, etc. Then of course, give 'em a big makeover when the skin has cleared up: new wardrobe 'n stuff, you know, the works! to make them feel wonderful. I'd watch it! :D

Well, I guess the only way to get bad acne sufferers on TV is to write a good script about an acne sufferer and make something of it. There are tons of movies about being overweight and other beauty issues (like the Korean movie 200 pounds of beauty), but I have never seen a movie spesifically about an acne sufferer.

It would be great for a mainstream soap to tackle a story line about an acne sufferer. Not only would this benefit the programme by reaching out to a popular target audience (largely teenagers and young adults) but would also benefit the public in creating a better understanding of the issues surrounding acne, as long as it was researched properly and well-thought out.