Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iamnotemo

Best Shampoo for Volume?

Guest missyjean130

I LOVE Tresseme products. Their cheap but work well with my hair.

For some people,volumizing shampoos aren't enough,but there's some good styling products to help that! For styling products,I recommend Bead Head.

Guest veganwithacne
So i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what is the best shampoo + conditioner for lots of volume.

Thanks!

Giovanni root 66 max volume shampoo and conditioner. I also recommend their root spray, I use it everyday. I think that Target carries this brand there in there organic/ natural cosmetic section.

Aussie shampoo is good if you're going for cheap. Don't waste a lot of money on high end shampoos to get volume, because it won't work. Also, you'll need mouuse and hairspray to achieve lasting volume, not just shampoo.

aussie may murder your hair. DO NOT RISK IT! i feel like it damaged my hair permanently. i used to have super silky hair and it became straw-like. i had to cut my precious locks and i feel like crap about it. especially since my hair grows so slowly.

try charles worthington big hair from walgreens. it sometimes comes for buy one get one free, making it about 3 bucks, which is great.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod3121380

I personally use Pureology that comes in the pink bottles. You don't have to spend that much though--they are probably around $25 a bottle. Just go with some Redken~both brands are closely linked together and Redken should be just as good and cheaper, but not the cheapest.

I'm using Garnier Fructis volumising shampoo at the moment. My hair is short and I don't know if it has made a difference. I will not be buying this next time anyway, I want something natural to lessen the risk of aggravating forehead acne.

aussie may murder your hair. DO NOT RISK IT! i feel like it damaged my hair permanently. i used to have super silky hair and it became straw-like. i had to cut my precious locks and i feel like crap about it. especially since my hair grows so slowly.

try charles worthington big hair from walgreens. it sometimes comes for buy one get one free, making it about 3 bucks, which is great.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod3121380

Aussie won't murder your hair. Any shampoo will wreak havoc on your hair if you aren't using the right one for your hair type. I'm also sure it was more than just the shampoo that did damage to your hair. lol

haha okay, okay...i'll admit i overreacted, since you're right about people's hair being different and tolerating products differently. that being said, my friend, my mother, and i all have the same type of hair, and we all have pretty healthy hair as well...no blowdrying or straightening, etc...and aussie was horrible for all of us. i'm pretty sure it was the shampoo and nothing else!

haha okay, okay...i'll admit i overreacted, since you're right about people's hair being different and tolerating products differently. that being said, my friend, my mother, and i all have the same type of hair, and we all have pretty healthy hair as well...no blowdrying or straightening, etc...and aussie was horrible for all of us. i'm pretty sure it was the shampoo and nothing else!

i like aveeno nourish + volumize shampoo & conditioner from the drugstore. it works pretty well, it definitely doesn't weigh down my hair, conditions it sufficiently, nourishes it, it feels healthier. i also looked up "protein/supplements to thicken hair" because i have fine hair, and wheat protein (the ingredient aveeno's "nourish +" line is based around) is really great for thickening fine hair. i'm not sure about the actual volume, like from a scale from 1-10 i honestly wouldn't be sure. i know it's one of the best i've tried on the cheaper side. 6-7 dollars? it smells nice too.

howeverrrr, if you're willing to shell out more money i really really like bedhead superstar shampoo & conditioner. it's like 15 dollars for each one, so more than double aveeno. when you think of it that way, i don't know if it's worth it. it's sulfate free, which is a must for dyed hair (highlights don't matter quite as much), but it isn't totally necessary to buy sulfate-free products for just regular hair because they tend to be more expensive and really aren't THAT terribly damaging. the bottles run out pretty quickly, i think there's more air than product in the conditioner, lol. they smell amazing though, like candy, yum (: and i do remember that the first time i used them when i air dried my hair i saw a noticeable difference in volume, but i wasn't using a shampoo anything nearly as good as nourish + volumize at that time, prior to using superstar.

hope i helped!