Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MustangsAreFTW

Need serious help getting rid of red marks =/

Posted

I've had pretty bad acne since I was 13. I'm 16 now and my whiteheads and blackheads are pretty much gone. I have some body acne but that is besides the point. I have a LOT of red marks leftover. It pretty much still looks like I have bad acne. I really need some advice on treatments. No perscription stuff please, I've gone that route already and was dissapointed and my money is gone. Please help me, i need over the counter products that will fade these red marks for good, and as quick as possible. Thank you :surprised:

Posted

You could always try tape! After joining this board, I read the tape forum, and I've been trying it for a few weeks. It's not a miracle fix for red marks but I think it has been helping, and it at least feels like it's doing something. Plus, it's scotch tape, so it can't hurt to try ;) here's the link if you want to read about how you do it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Tape-Meth...g-Ch-t1320.html

Guest missyjean130
Posted

I do a combo of peels and vitamin c.

Peels to peel off the redness AND allow my vitamin C to absorb better.Vitamin C heals redmarks.

On days I don't do salicylic chemical peels I use half water or tea and half apple cider vinegar as a toner. It helps keep my skin exfoliated,fades red marks, and people also use it to keep an acidic balance to their skin so your skin can keep away bacteria better =P

Unless you do lasers,dermabrasions,or potent peels...you have to remain patient when dealing with red marks.

Posted

I think you should definitely try Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar. They have both seriously helped me out in less than 3 weeks use.

1. Cleanser.

Use the cleanser and wait 5-15 minutes to dry.

2. Baking Soda.

Mix Baking soda and a little water to create a paste. It should be close to the density of toothpaste. Gently apply all over the face and massage on for 40-60 seconds. Rinse off. Let dry for 10 minutes or more.

3. Apple Cider Vinegar.

Combine ACV and water together so that it's 50% water, 50% ACV. Using hands, gently dab on your face. Let dry for 15 minutes.

4. BP.

Use BP as you normally would.

Good luck mate ! :)

Posted
I've had pretty bad acne since I was 13. I'm 16 now and my whiteheads and blackheads are pretty much gone. I have some body acne but that is besides the point. I have a LOT of red marks leftover. It pretty much still looks like I have bad acne. I really need some advice on treatments. No perscription stuff please, I've gone that route already and was dissapointed and my money is gone. Please help me, i need over the counter products that will fade these red marks for good, and as quick as possible. Thank you :surprised:

I do a protein mask, a peel, and tea tree oil cleanser/toner but most importantly the night cream that aids red mark fading

also for night time moisturizing vitamin E oil (my preference) and even olive oil help