Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
route2clearskin

Starting regimen, quick question

Hey all, im using proactiv and have been for two months with minimal results. Im swithing to the regimen which should be here in 5 days but since my skin has been getting benzoyl peroxide for 2 months already can i start the regimen with the full dosage?

No. Follow the instructions, including starting with a small amount of BP and slowly working your way up to the full amount.

I've seen so many posts from people that think they can start out with more BP than recommended because they've used BP in the past, and they all end up with terribly dry, overly irritated skin.

Take it slow, and follow the directions precisely.

thanks for helping me out guys, first off im 16 years old with mild-moderate acne. I have been using proactiv for two months up until this morning and tonight I am changing to dans regimen. But can I start off with the full two pumps of BP since I have been on proactiv???

i too used proactiv before switching to the regimen. although, i only applied it at night, i did put a fair amount on. however, dan's regimen seems to be less diluted than proactiv's so while it may not look like you are putting on much more bp, u actually are. so depending on how much u used proactiv i'd start with 1 or 1.5 pumps. if its too drying just make sure to cut back and slowly work ur way up. im currently doin 1.5 pumps only at night btw