Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prodigy304

cheeck and chin so much more active then forehead

Hi,

I'm 20 years old, I had slight acne through my teenage years, on and off, small breakouts, 1 or 2 spots a months, I get 1 or 2 in a day now. Anyway when I was younger I only really had breakouts on my forehead.

But now, I have moderate to severe acne all over my cheeks and chin. It's awful...the thing I don't understand is my forehead is pretty much perfect, I just don't get it. I would kill to have my old skin back, beside the forehead it was just perfect.

My forehead acne NEVER scarred, every singe spot I get on my cheek, chin leaves a terrible scar. I've had acne on my cheek and chin for nearly 2 years now. It went from kinda perfect to 15 huge spots on each cheek in like two months, it's gradually gone much much worse, it spread to my chin, I still have the horrible horrible scarring from those the original huge breakout nearly two years ago.

I've tried so many tropicals, been on two different pills, one made my acne so much worse, with the other one I cried about 6 times a day for a week. I was on antibiotics for 6 months it didn't really make a difference. I've been to the doctor about 8 times over my acne in the last two years, I finally got reffered to a dermatologist in April, she was horrible, not helpful at all. My acne is pretty severe but I ALWAYS where make when I leave the house. She kept telling me I was overreacting, and when I asked for Roaccutane, she said no, not only that she put me on mincocylin and told me to come back in November!

Since seeing that Derm, my acne spread to my ching, i've got about 8 active spots on my chin, and about 20 dark blemishes that just wont budge.

I just want to know why my acne moved from forehead to cheeks, I didnt mind forehead acne if it got really severe I could always get a fringe, but I cant cover my face, and make up doesnt make that much of a difference. :(

Update, this pic is from two weeks a go, my chin has gotten much much worse. Also the pic doesn't do my acne justice, it's a lot worse in real life.

post-109165-1250358726_thumb.jpg

post-109165-1250358726_thumb.jpg

Have you changed anything in your routine? Something's obviously upset it. It could also be a hormonal imbalance. Personally I would recommend BP 2.5% simply because I once had inflammatory acne. I've also found multivitamins to help.

Well when my skin was ok, I started taking Cod liver oil tablets, i took these for like a month, it was while I was taking these tablets that U got my first big breakout. I stopped taking them, and haven't really tried any multivitamins since then.

wow this sounds exactly like my situation. I also took fish oil and it broke me out in my chin/cheeks. I have been trying to research the cause and it may be due to: iodine in fish oil or fish oil has been theorized to increase testosterone which could throw your hormones off balance. Ive stopped using fish oil and the chin/cheek acne has subsided.

I would say stay away from fish oil, try perhaps evening primrose or borage oil. Chin/cheek acne like that is mostly caused by hormonal inbalance.

I feel like Im reading a story and looking at a picture of my old self!

I tried everything, just like you did, but my chin/cheek acne would not budge, even after my forehead acne cleared up on its own. So, I did a course of Accutane and it cleared everything up within 2 weeks or so. Then, the acne came back, but not as bad...so I'm on another course right now, and again, I am perfectly clear. I'm really hoping it will work this time around.

Anyway, I'm thinking you should try for another derm and try to get accutane again. It's the only thing thats helped me, and I've tried hormonal treatments (BCPs, spiro, etc), antibiotics (doxycycline), and topicals (Differin).

Good luck.

I feel your pain. I mean, I still get a few on my forehead, but my cheeks/chin are horrendous in comparison. From what I understand, isn't that area breaking out mostly attributed to hormones?

Have you changed anything in your routine? Something's obviously upset it. It could also be a hormonal imbalance. Personally I would recommend BP 2.5% simply because I once had inflammatory acne. I've also found multivitamins to help.

I don't think I changed anything in my routine beforehand, but after I got acne I tried about a million different products...90% waste of money that made my acne worse....the worst were was liz earle products. I bought a lot of expensive products that did nothing, but now have gone back to neutrogena wash and mask, this is the product I was using in my younger teens when my skin was pretty good.

I think stress has played quite a big role in causing my acne, I found out something in Feb 2008, something quite upsetting...and since then my face has never been the same again!!

I feel like Im reading a story and looking at a picture of my old self!

I tried everything, just like you did, but my chin/cheek acne would not budge, even after my forehead acne cleared up on its own. So, I did a course of Accutane and it cleared everything up within 2 weeks or so. Then, the acne came back, but not as bad...so I'm on another course right now, and again, I am perfectly clear. I'm really hoping it will work this time around.

Anyway, I'm thinking you should try for another derm and try to get accutane again. It's the only thing thats helped me, and I've tried hormonal treatments (BCPs, spiro, etc), antibiotics (doxycycline), and topicals (Differin).

Good luck.

I wish it was as easy as that, but i saw my derm on the NHS, (had to wait about 4 months to get an appointment!!!). After I had seen her I assumed I would be seeing her regularly...but no, she asked me to come back in SIX MONTHS!!!

Ive looked around to see how much it would cost to go on accutane privately. Well the appointment would cost about £100, and if they do give me accutane it would be a bout £600 a course, which I think is about 4 month period. And I would have to see the derm regularly every appointment with him would bee £100!! Which is just obscene and way out of my budget :cry:

I go to my doctor regularly just to vent and see what else he can offer, this week he gave me retin a, which i've been using only on my chin, because i heard it makes you purge, and I really don't want my cheeks to get any worse.

my current state

I think my right cheek is getting a little better, it has to active spots.

My left cheek is still really bad, the scars still don't seem to be shifting, and I have about four active spots.

My chin on the other hand has about 6 active spots.

my acne is the exact same in every way... ive been using the regimn religiously and is now about half of yours. try it

How long have you been using the regimen for?

I agree with your Derm that you need an antibiotic. However, you did say that you tried that before and failed on it, so if I were you I'd find another Dermatologist and ask them for Accutane. Good luck!