Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ACNE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS I'M SO SICK OF IT NOW IT FRUSTRATES ME & IT STRESSES ME OUT. I DON'T LIKE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR LIKE IT MAKES ME FEEL SUPER UGLY.... IVE TRIED SO MANY PRODUCTS AND IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK... MY SKIN IS VERY SENSITIVE. IM USING CLEAN & CLEAR BUT THAT SEEM TO CAUSE MORE BREAKOUTS AROUND THE MOUTH IDK WTF TO DO... HELP

IVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ACNE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS I'M SO SICK OF IT NOW IT FRUSTRATES ME & IT STRESSES ME OUT. I DON'T LIKE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR LIKE IT MAKES ME FEEL SUPER UGLY.... IVE TRIED SO MANY PRODUCTS AND IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK... MY SKIN IS VERY SENSITIVE. IM USING CLEAN & CLEAR BUT THAT SEEM TO CAUSE MORE BREAKOUTS AROUND THE MOUTH IDK WTF TO DO... HELP

i know how you feel i use to feel like that, i would hate being in the light or looking at myself in the mirror because that would only depress me, but ive learned that that takes you no where you neeed to start loving your face even with acne....and have faith, and it is important to be grateful that you dont have a deadly disease...i dont know how bad your acne is but you should def check out a dermatologist...and mention accutane....some times we go through these types of trials to learn from them, like acne has taught me to be more humble and less judge mental....and to love and treat others for whom they are and not on how they look....and slowly i been getting acne clear...good luck!

you are right hun but its easier said than done... ima go to a derm one day but right now the money aint right so over the counter is all i can deal with lol

It's a lot easier to read if you turn caps lock off. Have you considered Dan's regime? It's probably a lot cheaper than stuff you can buy in the store. Also, look into the "Emotional and psychological effects of acne" subforum for some tips on how to deal with it emotionally.

Which clean and clear product are you using? Is it a cleanser or a leave-on treatment? What else are you using on your skin (cleanser, moisturizer, etc.)?

You might try the acne.org regimen (also called Dan's Regimen). There is a whole section of the board with info on it and posts by people who are using the regimen. It has helped a lot of people get clear and the products are pretty inexpensive.

What type of acne do you get? Is is mostly inflamed or do you also get the small, flesh-colored bumps that are not inflamed?

Im using Dans regimen and it is helping except that Im using 5% Benzoyl Peroxide face wash, what really helped me get rid of pimples and now whiteheads is tree oil( it's cheap) it will dry them out. You have to be very very patient!

I'm using the clean & clear sensitive skin face wash, c & c sensitive skin depp cleaning astringent & last but not least the persa gel 10.

I have used oxy face wash & that did help my pimples go down but it was too drying i can't find the sensitive skin face wash nowhwere up here.

i get regular bumps & whiteheads thats why the marks come because i pop them constantly...:(

The cleanser you are using is probably ok - it does have one pore clogging ingredient in it (sodium laureth sulfate), but since cleanser doesn't stay on your skin very long, it may not be a major problem.

However, I would stop using that astingent for several reasons. One, it is 25% alcohol, which is a very high alcohol content. That amount of alcohol can really dry out and irritate your skin. It only has a very small % of salicylic acid, not nearly enough to do anything to get rid of pimples. And also, the 2nd ingredient is algae - some forms of algae are VERY pore clogging, and since its the 2nd ingredient listed, there is a lot of it in this product. I say get rid of it - its not adding anything to your regimen at all. And it might be contributing to your breakouts.

Active Ingredients

Salicylic Acid 0.5% (Acne medication)

Inactive Ingredients

Alcohol (24.5%), Algae Extract, Aloe, Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Benzophenone-4, Blue 1, Denatonium Benzoate, Dimethicone Propyl PG-Betaine, Fragrance, Glycerin, Isoceteth-20, PEG-32, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Water

With the Persagel - do you use it regularly, all over your face or do you just spot treat active pimples with it? Benzoyl peroxide works best as a preventive treatment - using it daily on areas that are acne prone is the best way to use it. However, if your skin is sensitive, you probably wouldn't want to do that with the persagel, since it is 10% benzoyl peroxide. You'd be better off using a lower strenght BPO product (5% or 2.5%) and using it on a daily basis.

From your pic, it looks like you get some acne on your forehead, near your hairline? What products do you use in your hair? Oily products, especially pomades, can lead to clogged pores and a type of acne that is called either "pomade acne" or "acne cosmetica".

Are you using a moisturizer?

The ingredient Alcohol is definitely not helping with healing. Alcohol is a skin irritant and causes free radical damage, just dont use it on skin.

damn alcohol is bad??? ugh i stopped using that thank god even before i read this. i use persa all over my face i got alot of lil bumps. idk if its jus me or the gel causes more acne . i stopped using the wash tho... im jus everywhere right now. im using skin perfecting wash in the morning and oxy at night for two days now it doesnt overdry my face...

bout the hair i havent moisturize my shidddd in months lmao...

watup man, yeah well i can relate to you because i smoke weed everyday, but ive never dried any of the products like differn or accutane, and i suggest you dont use them. What i suggest is go all natural, kinda like pot. Now depending on what part of the US you live in, this plant ALOE VERA is the thing you need to cure acne. You will see results within the first week, and acne should be gone in about 3-6 weeks. (how long it took me). How i came about aloe vera was just from me walking home from work and seeing these plants everywhere since i live in the west coast. And so i just looked them up for fun on the internet and i found out that the juice inside of aloe vera has everything that will help acne, reduces the scarring you get from acne, antibacteral from when you pop your pimples and you have a hole in your face while bacteria is rushing in, which is why most people with acne have swollen lymph nodes, which are hard bumps under your jawline or under your chin. So yes I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO FIND AN ALOE VERA PLANT, maybe buy some at home depot their pretty cheap.

So wash your face with a nice gentle face wash, wash off thorougly with water but be gentle on your face to not cause irritation. pat dry with towel. Get 1 leaf cut off the teeth from the sides on each side. i usually slice through the middle without seperating the aloe side so both pieces have aloe on each side, then witht he plant side i rub it on my face. once it dries up for like the first 15 min youll feel kinda face tight, then just try not smile or make facial edxpressions or eat while the full drying affect is complete maybe 30 to 1 hr and then you can sleep with it overnight. good luck

OK I PASTED THIS FROM AN EARLIER REPLY BECAUSE I WAS TOO LAZY TO TYPE IT ALL AGAIN. BUT IM DEAD SERIOUS THIS PLANT ALOE VERA IS THE KEY TO KEEP ACNE UNDER CONTROL, REDUCE SCARRING, REDUCE SKIN IRRITATION, REDUCE MORE BREAKOUTS DUE TO THE ANTIBACTERIAL AND ANTIFUNGUS PROPERTIES OF ALOE VERA, AND ALSO GREAT FOR WOMAN WHO WANT TO AVOID WRINKLES.

OH YES ONE MORE THING I LEARNED FROM HAVING ACNE, IS NEVER BE A JERK TO SOMEBODY NO MATTER WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS WHATS INSIDE THAT REALLY REALLY MATTERS!

I HOPE THIS REALLY WORKS FOR YOU, BECAUSE IT DID FOR ME. FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF EVERYBODY DESERVES TO! I REMEMBER I used to feel the sameway about waking up in the morning and looking at my face and not wanting to go anywhere.