Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nire

The little engine that could!!

So I’m a little late on the whole ‘bloggin n loggin the tane’ BUT don’t hate on me, I only found the boards the same day I started taking accutain.

I guess I should start with a background. I use to get complements all the time about my skin, and would get only the occasional breakout. HOWEVER, after a bunch of terrible events etc etc, high school ended up being VERY stressful for me. Stress=breakouts. I’m sure there are technical names for where I would break out, but all on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. They weren’t horrible, but I would ALWAYS picked and picked hoping they would go away.

FOR THE RECORD…picking doesn’t solve acne!

I’ve tried everything. But would just stress out more because it wasn’t working. I’m not going to embarrass myself by pretending to remember everything I took, so just go with me.

I started seeing the Dermatologist a few months ago, where he put me on doxycycline, he had mentioned the idea of accutain. He put me on the doxy, and told me that if it wasn’t clearing up within the next month that I would start the process of blood/urine tests.

ANYWAYS…long story short, I took my pregnancy test at my next visit, and had to wait a month to be on a full cycle of birth control (Lutera). After waiting a month I returned, only to find out that my blood test results showed that I was marked for having a low defense system (white blood cells, platelets etc.) I went and had to take another blood test, which showed better results, as well as take another pregnancy test…

SO on August 6th, I started Accutain!!!!!!!

DAY 8,

So a few days ago I woke up with the worst headache of my life, and i couldnt move because my back was locked. SO, i stayed in bed all day and decided i wasnt drinking enough water.

Lesson learned...drink water! I now drink enough where i get to pee every 10 minutes, and it's reallly cute.

At this point, I cant tell if my initial break out is complete (probably not), but nothing new has occurred, and my face has cleared up.... It feels really good when people notice a difference. The other thing that i have been noticing, is my eye balls hurt a lot. At night i have the biggest problem, so i try not to drive because i'm too busy rubbing them =[

so i guess thats it for today, lack of people reading=lack of motivation to write. =[

Day 12

SO, for a while (aka a week) i thought that i would be one of those people with no side effects... WRONG!

-SUPER sensitive to the sun.... let me tell you, my face looks like a tamatoe, and its not cute. =[

- I'm still getting new breakouts (in horrible places, like the fold in my chin, corner on my lip, my eyebrows etc etc.

-DANGGGGGGGGGGGG, my scalp is like death valley!!!!! I'm really bad at picking and scratching...so yeah, my scalp continues to welter in the death valley heat.

-my skin is shrivilling, and causing it to peel all over. ALSO, because im incredible graceful (not), i have been scratching myself, and its breaking the skin.

-Eye bawls dryyyyyy (like saraha desert), and blood shot, but that could be from lack of sleep.

ANYWAYS, thats my update. just started using head and shoulders, feels amazing, havnt itched since...

iim also going to try the dove deep moisture.

i need a sunscreen.... =[

ANY IDEAS OR RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING SUNSCREEN?!

Hi Nire. Just wanted to say good luck. I just finished my first month and it has not been fun so far. I just keep reading through the logs on here, and see the success that people have when they stick through it, and it keeps me going.

Try some natural tears for your eyes. Mine are dry too, but those help a lot. Sorry, no advice on the sunscreen!

Hi Nire. Just wanted to say good luck. I just finished my first month and it has not been fun so far. I just keep reading through the logs on here, and see the success that people have when they stick through it, and it keeps me going.

Try some natural tears for your eyes. Mine are dry too, but those help a lot. Sorry, no advice on the sunscreen!

Thanks keepsgettingbetter! your name says it all, things just keep getting better. As frustrating as the side effects are, they will def. be worth it!

Day 13

Last night i washed with head and shoulders, and that bad boy did wonders! My scalp is no longer flaking, and the refreshing 'flavor' of shampoo left my scalp cool and no longer itching.

The corners of my mouth are cracking...which is SUPER irritating, but aquaphor and i have become best friends. =]

Overall, my skin is looking good, i'm still red from getting sun burnt, and have a few splotches. I still have a problem with picking my skin.... so i'm not sure what to do about that. I have also noticed a lot of blackheads around my nose, not sure why....never have had them before, why now? How do i get rid of them? Will they go away?

The other thing that happened, today when i got out of the shower, my skin was shedding on my legs, so i tried to get it all off, and have made sure to lotion up to stay moisturized.

ps...it sucks having to go to the bathroom so much! i'm not use to drinking this much water! I am SO happy with my results so far. After i put some bare minerals on my skin, i felt really confident in my skin, and even received complements!

DAY: ?

DANG IT!!!!!!! I WAS GOING TO BE GOOD AT THIS!!!

I fail. I never could keep a journal. BASICALLY. I will tell you EVERYTHING, and how HORRIBLE but AMAZING this experience was for me.

SO guilty that I didn't document it along the way.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL!!! sorry guys. (not that anyone was following my process or anything... haha)

more later... just wanted to put it out there, that BOY do i have some beef with that 'tane'!!!!!!!!!