Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miss_pooh

About to start Accutane Support Group

What are your priorities? Some of the side effects are terrible, but when I think about how bad accutane sucks, I think - would I rather deal with this or deal with my cystic acne. In my world, I'll take the side effects at this time in my life. If you'd rather drink and party and not be concerned about it, then stop the accutane. I do have to say though, the time seemed to take forever at first, but I have 45 days left and I can't believe I'm almost done!

Hey Everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. My skin is doing pretty good for now. I have one new cyst on my cheek..bleh, have not had one of those since my IB. Oh well one is better then what i had prior to starting accutane :) So, Friday I was in charge of setting up a retirement ceremony for one of our MSgt's that was retireing. So starting at 0700 I met one of the other girls at work and we hung decorations, moved picnic tables around, got the beach cleaned up and so on. Then i ran to the store picked up the cake and flowers dropped those off, went and filled 50 balloons with helium, and hung those outside(which turned into a disaster since they started randomly popping throughout the ceremony becasue of the heat). After the ceremony we had to clean up by this time it was about 4pm. The ceremony was great btw, he didnt know his mom, dad and brother were coming, so it was way emotional for him!! :) My real point is that later on friday night i felt like i had been run over by a train, and have felt like that all weekend! every joint in my body hurts! even my ankles lol. Normally that kind of manual labor wouldn't phase me in the least bit. I dont like having all this joint pain at all! I'd rather have clear skin though so I will tough it out. :) Other then that, my lips are dry, I finally asked the pahrmacy at Wal-mart if they had Dr Dan's and she had to look it up, they didnt have it so she ordered me 2 tubes, they should be in on Monday, I am way excited! I tried to call my derm on friday to set up next appointment, but he is out of town on a family emergency, so I have to call next week. I hate that my clinic only has one Derm. I wonder what would happen if he wasnt available for my appointment time. That makes me kind of nervous, that it would mess up my whole course. If I went off base I would have to get a refferal, and it would take weeks to get an appointment.

Mageee~I am sorry you are having a hrad time dealing with everything! Some people dont start seeing results until they are close to done with their course. Mine has been up and down as well, I have good skin days and bad. As far as the no drinking thing, I am not a big drinker so it is hard for me to give you advice. But, I think Mert hit the nail on the head.

Capt Ahab~My derm told me the same thing when i went up to 80mg. I was worried about it too, but it was nice to know there was some lieniency(sp) there if it got too much, so far i have been good to go on the 80mg. Other then my joints hurting quite a bit more then they did on 80mg and my lips being dryer. Nothing that is too much to handle though, just an annoyance more then anything. Unless I over do it like i did friday lol.

Zen~Hey! i was wondering how you were doing. That sucks about your blood work,what a long drive, glad you didint have to go all the way out there again!! When i got my blood work done last month i think the girl hit my bone! I was briused too. Did yur derm say why he was leaving you at 40mg? Just wondering since you said you wanted to be moved up. How is the nose ring doing? :)

Indygal~My derm has not told me what his plan of attack is lol. I know in the begining he said he wanted to get me up to 120mg, I was thinking that was total dosage overall. Then when he jumped me from 40mg to 80mg, i was thinking about it later, that I hope he isnt planning on having me take 120mg/day that would be insane! I am going to ask him at my next appoinment. I would be ok with staying at 80mg for the rest of my course. I guess I will find out in a few weeks.

Mert~The 80mg's is going well so far, just drier lips and a little more sore joints, and back. That is silly about the co-pays! mmm, dunkin donuts! They dont have any of those by my house in Florida, But when I lived in Illinois...or anytime i go on road trips, i am all over it! I love dunkin donuts coffee! It is so yummy!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! :)

i know i def wouldn't rather party then have clear skin i just want to be able to party with clear skin it's so frustrating watching my friends with beautiful skin and not have to worry about it... i'm feeling really down and out about this breakout i don't want to be seen by my friends because all they expect is clear skin since they know i'm on accutane.. i dont feel like leaving my room and not coming out till january which is the end of my course

Captain Ahab - I am using Head and Shoulders shampoo, then a conditioner. My hair texture has definitely changed. I also rinse the conditioner out with cold water, which seems to make a difference for some reason.

Avicia - I'm not sure why he left me at 40mg. Two weeks ago I got a big lecture about how the higher dose would be better, then I go back and he said there was no need to increase it unless I just wanted to. Sometimes I think he has so many patients he forgets what he plans to do with some of us! I'm okay with 40mg for now since I've managed to avoid any breakouts (knock on wood) but I kind of dread 8 months of dry lips. The nose ring is good; I actually feel like it's healing faster because the inside of my nose is drier. Moisture keeps the "tunnel" from toughening up, but mine is in much better shape than my friend's, and we got them the same night.

Hey everyone! I am so sorry I have been MIA. I am very busy at work and am finally catching a little break.

I hope everyone is doing well, and welcome to all the newcomers.

I have my 2nd month derm appointment today! I can't believe it has already been 2 months. I am still on 40mg. I am not seeing my derm today, I am seeing one of her assistants or something. Not entirely sure of her title, but hopefully the appointment goes well. My side effects this month have been minimal. I am experiencing VERY blurry, dry eyes though. That has been a problem this month. Hair is still shedding pretty good, but I still think it is a combo of my longer hair and taking the Biotin. I haven't noticed any bald or patchy spots, and I still have very thick hair.

My skin is getting more and more clear. I still have some breakout around my period (sorry if there are guys in this thread now). So, I don't know if my hormonal breakouts will be cured by Accutane, but even those bumps have cleared up pretty quickly. I have noticed that this patch of skin I have always had trouble with is finally clearning up. Things are coming up to the surface that have probably been there for 2 years or more. Exciting! LOL

Ok, well, I hope everyone is doing really really well. Now that things have kind of calmed down at work for the time being, I hope I can pop in more often.

Take care!

Lauren

I called my Derm office and asked about the BC. They said that I don't have to be on the pill, but I have to have 2 forms of BC, so I can choose between abstinence, condoms, hysterectomy, etc. Since I have already gone through my first bout of testing all I have to do is go in on Oct 22nd and have my second round of testing and then I can get my Rx! I'm pretty excited.

I have been trying to put together a list of products to help with the side effects so I will be ready when the time comes. I would really appreciate any advise. I've seen that a lot of people like Aquaphor and Nivea KoM for their lips, but other than that I am lost.

Also from what I have seen, you get dandruff, dry eyes, sore joints, and dry skin. What products work best??

i know i def wouldn't rather party then have clear skin i just want to be able to party with clear skin it's so frustrating watching my friends with beautiful skin and not have to worry about it... i'm feeling really down and out about this breakout i don't want to be seen by my friends because all they expect is clear skin since they know i'm on accutane.. i dont feel like leaving my room and not coming out till january which is the end of my course

Keep your head up Mageee!! I know it can be tough living with acne. I know I haven't started accutane yet, but I know what it is like to not want to be seen, even by your own friends. You said that you don't want to be seen by your friends because they all expect clear skin since you are on Accutane. My advise to you would be to sit down with the friends that you trust the most and tell them what you are depressed about and explain how Accutane really works. Let them know that it gets worse before it gets better. I know you feel bad, but keep thinking that in only a few more months you are going to be the envy of people who still have acne!! When people see YOU, they will be feeling the way you are now! Good luck with your course!

Keep your head up Mageee!! I know it can be tough living with acne. I know I haven't started accutane yet, but I know what it is like to not want to be seen, even by your own friends. You said that you don't want to be seen by your friends because they all expect clear skin since you are on Accutane. My advise to you would be to sit down with the friends that you trust the most and tell them what you are depressed about and explain how Accutane really works. Let them know that it gets worse before it gets better. I know you feel bad, but keep thinking that in only a few more months you are going to be the envy of people who still have acne!! When people see YOU, they will be feeling the way you are now! Good luck with your course!

aww thanks so much that made me feel so much better... my good friends now the deal it's just frustrating because they think im crazy to get so upset about it and keep telling me its not that bad, but they just don't understand it's all i see... im hoping in 4 weeks my skin will at least be clearing up i just wish i didnt have to go to class and be seen by people in the process and just transform over night haha good luck with your course definitely let me know how it does

just joined the long anticipated ride with accutane a few minutes ago with my first 20mg pill of the day. dont know what should be expected but i will see soon. btw, is it best to take one in the morning and one at night? or is it to be taken both together??

helloooo

well day 20 over here.

Im still recovering from the IB. im still breakin out tho..bt just not as bad as i was 10 days ago. My face feels alot smoother, and i can see my pores closing up lil by little. The blackheads on my nose are driving me insane; theyre falling but i want em out now! lol im thinking of steaming my face so i can squeeze those fuckers out grrr, or bad idea? My lowerback still hurts, and my body is starting to itch. My eyes are hella dry and im stating to see blurry. I feel like i lost my 20/20 vision LOL umm ofcourse my lips are sahara dry; i actually bought aquaphor. Im really liking this stuff! Idk if i mentiond this before, but i have mild chest acne, and on my shoulders/back. back is pretty clear tho, and my chest and shoulders are def clearing up so im happy about that. However, i was thikning about not working out as much at least until my face gets a lot more clear. i just feel like all the sweat clogs my pores even more, u know?

Just out of context, i went to this club the other night, and my body temp got so high, i felt so hot like with a fever all around my body, and my face got red lol and the otehr night i smoked hookah and i got alil stomach sick at first but then i felt normal again. i did get lightheaded out of nothing which is very strange for me lol blame it on the a-a-a-a-acutane lol

overall, nothing too crazy or exciting. just the regular side effects, blackheads falling slowly but surely and flaky/dry skin (cerave moisturizer works very well tho, it keeps my face pretty smooth and non greasy!). I hope evryone else is doing good, and remember, always look ahead with your chin up! :] im out

Hey guys!! i'm on day 27 and everything is going pretty good. Last week my skin was pretty clear but this week it seems to be acting up :(. The only side effects that I have had so far is extremely dry lips and dry eyes. For my lips, I finally got the Dr. Dan's cortibalm and it tastes horribly, I accidentally got some in my mouth and it was the worst thing I have ever tasted.

Other than that, I have my derm appointment on friday and I can't wait to get my new pills!

Hey everyone!

I'm on day 11 and I've been having a pretty rough IB so far - just started Prednisone last night, and woke up this morning to a lot less redness. Yay!!

Otherwise, I've had the normal side effects like lower back pain and dry, peely skin. Aquaphor has been working wonders with my lips, though :)

Hoping for the best for all of you!

Hello again,

Well the doctor upped me this month. I will now be taking 2 30mg pills a day. My question is...is anyone else taking this kind of dose? If so, are you popping both pills at the same time? Or should I take one in the morning and one in the evening? The doc didn't really cover that, and I didn't think about it till after I got home.

hmmm....

Edited by lauren80

Hey all! Looks like I've missed a lot of posts in a few days lol.

Lauren, good to hear an update from you...I'm taking two 40mg per day now on month two. I take one in the morning, one at night. My derm said I could take them both at once but recommended twice per day. Sounds like your skin is doing well!

Avicia-yeah on getting some cortibalm! It's good stuff, hope you're liking it. I had to laugh at Miss Poohs comment though, she's right...it's definitely not a tasty lip balm :sick: but I guess that keeps me from licking it off my lips.

Miss pooh, are you staying on the same dose for month 2?

I have noticed my skin got a oily again when I started the increased dose on month 2, anyone else notice that? It's drying up again now I think, but weird.

K2boss, I still LOVE the CeraVe cream too! I think it helps breakouts heal faster because it keep things moisturized and not all dry and irritated. Hope your breakouts slow down soon!

Capt Ahab, just curious....did you get blood work done for your checkup and did your derm tell you whether your liver levels went up at all? Not just being nosy ;) I'm just wondering because you mentioned having some drinks a couple times...and my derm told me it was OK to do that too, but I've been super cautious so far and only had a couple beers here and there my first month. It's just part of my normal routine to go out a couple times a week and I'm kind of missing it. My blood work was fine month 1, maybe I'll see how it is for my month 2 checkup first now that my dose has increased.

Speaking of....Maggee, you might be able to find a balance between still having some fun at school and staying on accutane. I know some people swear off alcohol all together and others don't change their drinking habits at all....but ask your derm about it, I know a lot say it's ok in moderation.

welcome to some of the newer folks and good luck...ryan23 if you have time to read back through this thread, there are TONS of suggestions on products that people like for hair, eyes, lips, etc.

Hey guys! I'm now on day 16 and have not noticed much going on. The oiliness, however, has FINALLY slacked off! :dance: It has not completely gone away, but compared to what it was, it is an absolute miracle! My lips are somewhat dry, nothing chapstick doesn't take care of, and my skin gets a litle flaky occasionally, but that is usually taken care of by moisturizer. But I don't know if I've had an IB or not...I've had several large cysts come up over the last few days, but it's nothing different from the breakouts I've had in the past. So I keep waiting for things to get really bad. Secretly, I am hoping this is it, though, but with my luck, it's not!

My main side effects have been the aches and pains and my hair is shedding as well. Nothing too major, but definately enough for me to notice. I go back to the derm in 2 weeks for my check up and labs. I hope they are okay. I wonder if she will increase my dose...

Magee, hang in there. I know how it feels to be surrounded by friends who have beautiful skin. Try not to let your acne control your life...remember that they are your friends and they love you no matter what. Plus, within a few months, the accutane will have done it's thing and your skin will be just as beautiful as theirs! I have always felt that my skin was the only thing people saw when they looked at me, so I do know how you are feeling. We're all in this together!

Lauren, I started out on 40mg pills and I have always taken mine one pill twice a day. My MD ordered it that way and I haven't had any problems.

Welcome to all of the ones who have just started their course or are waiting...that 30 day waiting period was the longest 30 days of my life but it will end!

oh man...my face gets so red after i wash my face >.< and now im getting rashes i guess...like on the opposite side of my wrist.. so i guess back of my hand..i have these red..bumps or dots or whatever..and i got shaving cream on it and it burned like crazy!! ohman.. and my face is less oily yay!!! actually i dont even see oil...js flaky skin on my chin and between my eyes. seeing my derm on Monday!! early appt. but yeah my hands get soo dry. and lips too. i been using the lip vaseline.

Hey everyone! things are going well here. My lips are dryer then dry can be! I have 2 places on my bottom lip that are split..not bleeding but it looks gross! And the left corner of my mouth is split, and it hurts. I ordered Dr.Dan's from walmart, it came in on Monday but i have not picked it up yet. I am going tomorrow after I get the kids to school. My joint pain is still hangong around but its getting mor tolerable, or i am getting used to it. lol. My next apt isnt til 19 oct! another 5 days past when it should be. So probably the last week this month I will have to go down to 40mg a day so I dont run out. My hair is really dry feeling too, not really my scalp, but my hair in general. I finally got my glasses so my eyes feel a ton better being able to take my contacts out at night. A couple weeks ago I bought this stuff called Nivea Kiss of relief sos care. it works very well. My nivea KoM has seemed to fall off the wagon the drier my lips get lol. my face is pretty peely around my chin upper lip and nose area. My skin in general is looking good. I had a little but of a break out about on day 10 of the 80mg it started last week, and it is already gone except for some dry spots. One thing i noticed is that my bottom lip is a ton drier then my top lip..dont know why that is but its kind of strange.

Lisa~I hope your lips stay not that dry! mine are driving me insane!! lol I had an IB on about day 10 of my first month, then again on around day 10 when i went up to 80mg. strange that it happend around the same time frame though.

Indygal~I have been lazy this week and have not picked up the cortibalm yet haha. I am going tomorrow though to pick it up, becasue i am desperate for something to work. My lips look so nasty right now. I think i might try that brown sugar scrub tonight. oh, and thanks for the info about the bad taste of Dr Dans!! I will be sure not to get any in my mouth! :sick: My skin seemed to get oily too when i went up to 80mg but now it is back to not oily thank goodness.

Lauren~ Hey!! Glad to see you around again! I got bumped to 80mg for month 2, and my derm has me taking 2 40mg/day. one in the am and one in the pm. I asked him if I could take them both at once, and he said he much perfered me to do it twice a day, so that is what i do. Glad your hair is holding up! mine isnt shedding anymore then normal, but it is way drier I am going through conditioner like crazy!!!

miss_pooh~I hope everything goes well at your appointment! :)

2KBoss~I had acne on my cheast and back too, that has cleared up almost completely already, i have a few places on my back that could be better, but nothing like it was two months ago! I even wore a v-neck t-shirt the other day, I have not done that in a long time.

Mageee~I hope you are feeling better about things. :) Try to keep your head up!

Ryan~Some things I stocked up on. Cetaphil face wash, it took me some time to get used to because i was so used to using washes with acne products in it, but now i love it! When i need to moisturize I use Cetaphil facial moisturizer with spf 15, or I use oil of olay for sensitive skin. Eye drops, systane for contacts. My body has not been too dry but it has its days when it is, I use Johnson's lavender baby lotion(it smells good :)) and for my lips, they have been kind of a battle lately, I started using Nivea Kiss of Moisture(dark blue tube), i loved it, still do, but now it isnt enough, I switched to Nivea Kiss of relief, that one is in a squeeze tube, i like that one, I also have Aquaphor, I use at night, and tomorrow I am picking up some Dr Dan's. I think that is about it :)

Heartfood~I have as spot on my hand too that is kind of rashy too. I put hydrocortisone cream on it, it helps but it just wont go away.

Welcome to all the new people! I hope everything goes well with your courses! and this board is awsome btw :) it helps to have so many people going through the same thing! I get strange looks when I talk to people at work about Accutane lol.

Captain Ahab - I am using Head and Shoulders shampoo, then a conditioner. My hair texture has definitely changed. I also rinse the conditioner out with cold water, which seems to make a difference for some reason.

Cold water you say...hmm. I can't ever seem to get all the conditioner out of my hair, which I believe to be my reason for not previously using one.

Capt Ahab, just curious....did you get blood work done for your checkup and did your derm tell you whether your liver levels went up at all? Not just being nosy ;) I'm just wondering because you mentioned having some drinks a couple times...and my derm told me it was OK to do that too, but I've been super cautious so far and only had a couple beers here and there my first month. It's just part of my normal routine to go out a couple times a week and I'm kind of missing it. My blood work was fine month 1, maybe I'll see how it is for my month 2 checkup first now that my dose has increased.

They take my blood right after they give me my prescription, so I have yet to see a comparison of my bloodwork, because I've only had 2 appointments. (I didn't have to wait 30 days for my prescription) So next month I'll be sure to ask them. I do know after a night of "normal" drinking, I absolutely do not feel up to par the next day and don't want to drink that night.

So since I've moved up to 60mg/day some things have changed. Had a minor outbreak of large pustules; fun. In fairness, my derm had warned me that the next two weeks might be rough. I have to moisturize more often now. The skin on my forearms will start to peel/flake if I don't lotion them once a day. Yesterday I had to moisturize my face 3 times. (Slowly completing my transformation into a woman). I go to sleep with Carmex globs clinging to my lips and wake up to them being completely dry. As long as things don't escalate too much more from where they are now, the next few months will be manageable. Good luck everyone.

Hey guys! I just got back from my derm appt and everything is fine. I will be moving up to 60mg a day.

Indy gal: Thats really weird. What dose are you on now?

I'm in my 6th month of accutane, and I actually flushed my pills today. I only had about 6 days left, but the side effects really affected me for some reason. I was fine for a while, but I think the 6th month was too much for my body and all of things things started to happen. Irritable bowel syndrome, a yeast infection, severe rashes on my arms and neck, bloody noses, and bloody lips. (My face and lips have been dry through this process, but nothing like lately!) Overall, it was a great experience that I don't regret. I just wish I would have told my doctor no to a 6th month. Good luck to you!

Yup, just turned a friend down about going to the movies tonight because of this stupid condition of annoyance called acne. Everyday im on this stuff i just try and look forward about 4 months and see myself with the buttersmooth skin you see on all the proactiv, clean and clear and all those other commercials with the ppl who have flawless skin (always makes me think they were on accutane :)) and it keeps me positive. Some ppl get the depression side effect from accutane, i actually am happier even at the beginning stages of it because i know what its going to do and where i am eventually going to be. :cool:

Hi all! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Capt Ahab...I don't know if you're hooked on the Carmex or not, but I used it for a very short time until my derm told me to stop...he said it has menthol and salicylic acid in it and would irritate and dry my lips??? Since you said you wake up with dry lips, just thought I'd mention that. So if you want to further complete your transformation into a woman (cracked me up LOL), try some other lip balms to see if they are better for you.

Miss pooh, I'm on 80mg per day now, it's been two weeks on that dose. I am getting dryer again now, but it was weird...mostly my nose and forehead got oily again. It was pretty gross actually, I could see the oil coming out of the pores in those areas. I don't have any acne on my forehead, but the blackheads are coming out of my nose now....yea!!

Avicia, I had a breakout after increasing to 80 too. Even with the prednisone! I am done with that script now though....it did help with redness and inflammation of new pimples. Now I'll just have to suck it up I guess if I keep breaking out LOL. I am hoping in the next two to three weeks things will be looking up even more as I get into month 3 and no more increase in my dose. I am definitely breaking out less, but I can still see lots of closed comedones under the skin and I suppose they have to come out instead of just going away :boohoo:

As for product updates, since I cannot resist trying new things :) when I went to go get my hair cut last week, I bought a hair masque from the product line I normally use on my hair. It's called Pureology Hydracure Intense Moisture Mask. My hair has been so dry....this is like a deep conditioner and I've used it twice, it's awesome. Pricey, but I've used their shampoo and conditioner for a while now, so it wasn't too shocking lol.

Lips are even more dry on higher dose, but alternating aquaphor and dr dans and its tolerable. But I'm putting stuff on my lips constantly to keep them moist, I don't want to get cracks, bleeding, etc. Still able to wear my contacts as long as I take them out every night and use drops during the day. No signs of any rashes and still no joint pain or headaches, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey guys thanks for all the encouragement. My doctor told me the first three months will be hard but i just want them to be over I really can't wait till it's over i have a big countdown and everything... I have to leave school on homecoming weekend to go back home for a doctors appointment, accutane is really taking over my life and it sucks! I guess i feel a little excited that my skin will one day be clear but it seems way to far ahead. my breakout cleared up but i still have a few blemishes that i wake up to everyday, nothing worse then when i wasn't on accutane.. i'm still down but hope that once in my second month things will start to pick up and i'll start to see good results... thanks for the support, this is just harder then i thought it was going to be... thanks!

I've been on claravis for almost 2 months. First month 60mgs and now 80mg. I'm also breaking out worst, then before. I used to have acne only along my chin and jaw but now it has spread to my cheeks and forhead. It's pretty depressing, I want to be optimistic but its hard. My face was never really oily in the first place, but its super dry but no results. Im talking with my derm in a week, hopefully she doesn't bullshit me again, and tell me "Oh you'll be cleared in a month" I just want her to be honest, instead of playing with my emotions. :mad:

I dont know why I have acne, I workout everyday and eat good. Don't smoke and barely drink, my parents don't have acne. I feel like it didn't get bad until I started you using all these creams and medications. I do stress a lot tho, mostly about acne. I haven't used anything on my back in it's been almost perfectly clear. I never thought acne would stop me from meeting people and having fun. Somebody help :(

First 3 pics are of me now, 7 weeks in. The last two are of me almost 2 weeks in. Sorry Idk how to upload pics

RetroJeff

Edited by RetroJeff

Hey guys! I am very excited! The oil production seems to finally have stopped completely :dance: I can finally go the entire day without needing to blot, my makeup is still in place by the end of the day...it is a bonafide miracle. I know I'm not supposed to touch my face, but it's so new, I can't help but touch it occasionally to make sure it's really true!

My skin is drying out a bit more - right after I wash my face it feels really dry and tight so I have to moisturize immediately. And my lips are dryng out a bit more so I am keeping them covered in Chapstick. The breakout seems better, but I did have a cyst come up this morning on my chin, but the other areas have been going down.

I have noticed over the last few days that the blackheads are really standing out much more than they used to. Have any of you used the Biore pore strips while you've been on Accutane? I know waxing is supposed to be out of bounds, but I was wondering about the pore strips. They stick really tight, so I didn't to try it without checking with someone first. I would really love to get these nasty looking things out!

Hey RetroJeff...hang in there. I'm still in my first month, but from what I know, it can take several months for the Accutane to do it's stuff and most of the time it gets worse before it gets better. I like to imagine that it's just cleaning everything out once and for all and that when its done, it will be cleaned out for good. It is very hard to deal with and can be very depressing. It took me a long time to come to terms with it and realize that I am not the only adult in the world who has to deal with this. It certainly is a very isolating problem, but this site has been a wonderful outlet and support group. I wish it had been around when I was a teenager. Just stick with the medication course and it should clear your skin up, it just might take anywhere from four to six months. I know it's hard because I am one that has dealt with this for so long that I wanted instant results. But you can come here and vent and cry and rage whenever you need to :D