Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 17 years old girl and I have combination skin of which is partially dry cheeks and oily T-zone.

I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser which I think makes my skin a little more oily.

It made my cheeks oilier though :(

Anyways, there seems to be a problem with my chin.

I don't really have any acne/pimple problem other than my chin.

I get pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, underskin(?) acne, and such on my chin very frequently and leaves scars when healed.

I don't even try to touch my face with my hands because I'm scared that another skin problem will arise.

I'm thinking of visiting the dermatologist but my parents disagree because my mom said that she had this problem too and it disappeared as she got older.

This problem started when I was about 11 years old.

Back then, just one whitehead or so would appear on my chin infrequently.

Now it's getting worse.

I've surfed the web and found that there is a thing called 'perioral dermatitis' which is a skin disorder that is between acne and rosacea.

I'm not really sure if it's that because my chin it's itchy or anything.

But it is pretty red/pink.

I used to put Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Treatment and a moisturizer in the morning and at night on it but I found out that it aggravates the condition.

So now, all I do is cleanse the chin with Cetaphil.

But I still think it's the same.

Is there anything I can do about this ?

Please give me advice :)

post-110188-1250202621_thumb.jpg

post-110188-1250202621_thumb.jpg

That looks like acne. Just spot treat it with benzoyl peroxide and continue to use the cetaphil. Don't go crazy putting other stuff all over your face it's just going to make things worse.

I have to agree with the previous poster. Looks like acne. Yes, you're mom probably had it and grew out of it at some point. I have had perioral dermatitis - it doesn't really look like that to me. Once you start treating your chin, your acne may become somewhat worse before better. But, it should get better. You might be using too much product - try 1x a day in the beginning.