Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmy130

Protein Mask for red marks and scars, it has worked beautifully for me so far

Posted

I really would like to share my recent success with more horrible acne scarring. I can't garauntee this for 100% of everyone, but if it helped me I hope it helps you too. I have had acne now for almost 8 years, and have had nodule acne mostly, deep and painful, and scarring. My acne is mostly cleared up, Im pleased, and my task has been to rid myself of my really bad scarring. I will have pics coming soon. But it was bad, now its almost unnoticable with makeup, and I hope it continues. I am thinking about a lactic acid peel, maybe, to help my scarring continue to improve, but I am not sure if it matters, because the redness is already almost gone after 1 and a half weeks of the protein mask

I use :

morning

cetaphil cleanser

st ives "fresh skin collagen/elastin" moisturizer

night

cetaphil cleanser

baking soda applied with water as a paste, then wash off immediatly

apple cider vineager (1:8 acv to water ratio at first then I moved to 1:1, sometimes I use 100% but it smells) leave on for 10 min, then wash off

this apparentlyvbalances the pH of your skin and helps with breakouts

protein mask(below)

vit E oil, should use after the mask or really good moisturizer

supplements I take:

multivitamin

omega 3

biotin

zinc

vit E (orally and topically)

THIS MASK IS AMAZING FOR SCARS!!!!!(this is what really helped the most, its amazing)

protein mask (try to do it every night until you have seen optimal results, then taper off, but still use it now and again because it makes your skin wonderful)

1.5 tsp egg white (can be from eggs or buy egg whites seperate)

a few drops of lemon (lemon juice in a bottle, or actual lemon)

whisk this in a tiny bowl with a fork(this is the easiet method to me), for about 1 minute until its all bubbly and frothy. Then apply to face, leave on for 10 minutes. Wash off

(this mask is AMAZING, im really serious... in 3-4 days of this I had really noticable results, after a week my boyfriend was asking what I was doing because my skin looked really nice... so please use this)after this mask is when I use the vitamin E oil, because this mask tends to dry a little, and it is really important to maintain moisture when healing your skin. so in combo with the mask and vit E oil I recommend using a soft cleanser like cetaphil.

Posted

What vitamin E oil are you using and how much Vitamin E are you taking orally?

Posted
What vitamin E oil are you using and how much Vitamin E are you taking orally?

Im using 12,000 IU for the oil, I use it only on dry areas mostly, but I dont think you can over apply it, but it does look oily so I use it at night

and 400 IU orally 2Xdaily

these are both available at walmart, and cheap

overall I think with the supplements and supplies I spend around $15 a month.... its great

Posted

how can you incoporate a retinoid like tretinoin into this regimen bc i still have active acne but alot of red marks.

Posted
how can you incoporate a retinoid like tretinoin into this regimen bc i still have active acne but alot of red marks.

for your active acne, stick with what works. I have tried proactiv, acne free, skin ID, natures cure, OTC and prescription spot treaments, etc with little to no results. I am now 21 and the combo of my skin maturing a little, still have plenty of acne though, and using supplements and using the home remedies my skin looks much better. I have researched I found that baking soda and vineager gave me decent results, I wouldn't say this is the one thing that cleared my skin though.

I am not sure how tretinoin reacts with your skin so I couldn't tell you. If it dries your skin find a good moisturizer and combine with vit E oil, because I didn't see acne clear until my skin was moisturized. I have read that when your skin dries that microscopic cracks form and allow bacteria in and it cause inflammation and acne. But I would definately use the protein mask for red marks though, this will help with red coloration and inflammation

Posted

o ok thanks. but i have a question since i still have active acne should i just put the mask on the red marks or all over my face?

Posted
o ok thanks. but i have a question since i still have active acne should i just put the mask on the red marks or all over my face?

I haven't seen any new breakouts at all with my regimen so far, it may be a combo or one thing idk, the maks is really good for minimizing pores so I would do it after cleansing but before you apply any topical treatments that need to set into your skin .... probably best after a wash, then toning, then the mask, and then moisturize/apply other spot treatments

I would experiment, thats what I did to see if it the mask went better before I did baking soda and apple cider vineager or after, I decided it felt better after