Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, yesterday I went out to eat and when the waiter came up and introduced himself, I noticed he had some acne and scarring on his face. It wasn't anything serious, but it was definitely noticeable. But the only thing that went through my mind when I saw it was "Oh, he has some acne" and that was it. It wasn't even an issue. Then I thought about myself and of all the times I have gone somewhere and been afraid people were judging me, or being grossed out about my acne. Maybe people just don't care. Maybe they just see us and think "Oh, that person has a little acne" and that's the extent of it. Maybe they don't think anything at all. Maybe we're the only ones judging ourselves.

I think people are usually more worried about how they themselves look, and thus aren't as fast to judge others based on appearances. Of course everyone's different, but I find it hard to believe that there's someone out there who doesn't have something they're slightly worried/embarrassed about when they go out in public - be it their weight, their height, or something as small as a mole on their neck. After all, nobody's really perfect.

But in general, I feel that anyone who looks down on others because of a physical defect (especially if it's something they can't change) truly needs to get their morals in order.

i do believe there are ppl out there who notice acne on someone and don't think badly about them because of it. i like to think that's the majority. about judging yourself in general, we can't help that. but to come down so hard on yourself because of a skin condition .. no one deserves to be judged solely on that. whenever you start thinking negatively about yourself because of your skin, instead think about things that make you happy. train yourself to limit those thoughts as much as you can.

I think if someone were to judge you based on acne it would be on how well you treat yourself. So like if I see someone with acne I might think he doesn't try to clean his face. Also a major reason people try to have nice skin is to attract others. But I'm sure many people don't care about other people having acne, I don't mind.

I don't think it's healthy to worry about what strangers think. If it's just someone you're passing by on the street or the store then it doesn't matter.

just the fact the someone is thinking "she has acne" bothers me to no end.....pretty much exactly what you were thinking bothers me....just the fact that people notice and it is there...I don't what to be THAT person

I year ago I never imagined I would look like I do today....it has been very traumatizing...

just the fact the someone is thinking "she has acne" bothers me to no end.....pretty much exactly what you were thinking bothers me....just the fact that people notice and it is there...I don't what to be THAT person

Yah, that's how I feel too. Even if they don't say anything/point anything out, just the fact that people notice your have acne is bothersome. I'd rather they don't notice at all. But... you can't do anything about it. We do need observant people in the world or else we'd have no perspectives.