Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raina!

Any good mineral (or powder) makeup foundation that works well with oily skin?

I have super oily skin and I need help finding a good mineral or powder foundation that can somewhat control it? What do you guys suggest?

Guest veganwithacne

I use Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss mineral foundation. It is one of the few that is not shiny on me from the start and holds up all day. I do blot my face mid-day though.

I use Everyday Minerals. I plan on purchasing one of their finishing dusts. It contains kaolin clay which is supposed to help with oiliness.

Everyday minerals is super affordable and works great. I prefer Bare Minerals though... and the new Matte formula works amazingly on me. If i do get a bit oily (and its only a bit towards the end of the day) I just dab on a bit of Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel over my makeup. That stuff works!

I've used Bare Minerals for about 2 years now and am now looking for a new foundation for this very problem. By the end of the day my face is so shiny that the powder looks like it's sitting on top of my skin. It's gross. I haven't decided if I want to try another mineral powder or switch to a liquid foundation.

Good Luck!

I have the exact same problem with this product! I bought a compact powder from clinique and use it frequently throughout the day. I tried using the cream stuff they sell before applying the bare minerals. I think it helps a little, but not much.