Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yamean

** Shaving Cream & Breakouts? **

I need help finding a shaving cream or moisturizer that I can shave my face with. I seem to get like little ingrown hairs that eventually turn to pimples.

I've tried just simply using Purpose Cleanser but that doesn't seem to lather up enough...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hey, not to sound unhelpful but maybe it's your shaving technique that is is the problem or you're not using enough cream?

I personally use gilette shaving cream, it's ok. If you're looking for really foamy stuff, I've used my girlfriends' leg cream and it's pretty foamy/smooth. It smells better too, haha.

Oh and the 'best' technique' to shave is first down, with the grain, then from the sides, then against the grain. good luck!

i use dans cleanser, i personally HATE putting any irritating shaving gel on, so i would only use a cleanser and invest in a good razor ( gillette cleanser excel ) i think purpose cleanser should work ok just use a lot to get a good lather

I use the my Clearasil daily wash when i shave. it has many of the same active ingredients to prevent razor bump and why do i need a shaving gel with a random kinda moisturizer in it if i can just use one i know and can trust.