Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnsungAcneHero

An Accutane Odyssey - Monthly Pics

Hey R4B, hope the BCP helps with the hormonal issue. That should help keep things at bay once you come off accutane too I would think. That's great you are getting comments on your improving skin (with or without makeup :) ). And month 3 is when a lot of people really start seeing consistent improvement....at least that's what I'm hoping for LOL.

For the "tane burn", I don't know what kind of moisturizer you are using, but I've been singing the CeraVe cream praises all over the boards :wub: ....I use it morning and night and I have really no redness issues, even though my skin is pretty dry.

Hope month 3 brings more good things for you!

----Day 57-----

It's not 2 months, but I have some pics I took yesterday at work. Granted, the camera hates my face and seems to make it look worse...and I have a little makeup on, but here you go!

Indygal - I use the CeraVe moisturizer lotion for my face and the creme for my body. I'm scared to use the creme on my face in case it breaks me out. I see my derm next week and I'll ask his opinion as well as show him my hormone results. I hope the birth control works and I don't have to go through this ever again! :pray:

Hello there! I've also been getting eczema type rashes on my hands since I've been on Accutane. I've found that just regular moisturiser seems to help, just after a shower when I moisturise the rest of my body. My hands are ultra sensitive, and burn in dishwater etc, never did before. It's great to hear that you're noticing improvements already!! I hope that you have good news from your doctor about the hormones. Keep us posted, and good luck!
Edited by rede4bed

Wow your skin is looking a lot better! You must be really happy. I can totally relate to you on how you felt about your skin! I cant wait to finally get the accutane!!

Looking great hun! :D

I read one of your other posts that said that you like to swim. Have you been since you've been on Accutane? I'm aiming to go Mon, Wednes & Fridays, and so far so good. But tonight after I got out my face was burrrrrrning, even with moisturiser. :P Once I showered off the chlorine water it was fine. I wear a swimming cap, so I'm not too concerned with drying my hair out either. Glad to hear that the moisturiser helped with the eczema :) Mine comes and goes, because I get pretty lazy with the body moisturising, but it gives temporary relief. My thoughts are that I'm only experiencing it because of Accutane, so it's nothing to stress about. Keep us posted.

Don't feel bad about not updating as often because personally I'm glad you are out there confident and enjoying life! I hope the birth control does help and things keep getting better!

Almost forget about the Everyday minerals! I had some trouble applying it at first, but I do like it, it just doesn't give me the coverage I need right now. I'm hoping to be able to use it once my skin clears up a little bit more. I noticed you said it looked awful when you first tried it, have you applied it again since then?

Edited by JulyBaby86

----Day 60 (pics)-----

Here is where I stand as of today. I look like I have some kind of, "Durrrr" look on my face in the left and right shots. Ah well, I don't look like that all the time!

Tomorrow I go see my derm and hopefully get my next month's supply:

JulyBaby86 - Yes, I have been using it. I use Mint to reduce some hyperpigmentation and even out my skin tone, then apply Golden Fair and then Light. While it doesn't cover stuff to where it isn't noticeable, it does help much.

wide_eyed - I haven't been swimming since I started Accutane.. at least not underwater. The weather is turning a bit cooler now so I won't be swimming as much until Spring. I thought I was the only one who is lazy with moisturizing..lol

George'sSister - Thank you. It feels good to have a little confidence back =) You're looking fabulous!

itsmallycat - When is your start date? Best wishes to you!

post-38079-1256154967_thumb.jpg

post-38079-1256154967_thumb.jpg

Your skin is looking good! Definitely a change since your last pictures! Glad you like the EM!

Thank you kindly =) How is your experience with it going now?

Big improvement! Have you had any major side-effects?

Just dryness and achy joints but neither are bad enough to hinder me.

----Day 62-----

Just been chuggin right along. Nothing to report that is new. Side effects are the same as last post. I have started using the CeraVe cream at night to try to counter the dry patches I get on my face.

At my job I have been working up front with the public again and let me tell you, what a difference 3 months and some mineral make up make! I don't get patronizing looks now and no comments. I can look someone in the eye and although I have a long way to go, I feel attractive at times. My face doesn't hurt to the touch and everything is almost completely flattened out. I have a feeling my jawline will be scarred, but we'll let time tell on that one. As they say, "It is what it is."

Thanks to everyone who have stopped by to read what I have written.. even if you don't reply, I appreciate you taking the time to look at a day in my life. <3

Hey there R4B!!! You are looking great! I've been feeling guilty about not being on here for awhile and so I thought I'd check in on my old acne buddies! :) I can see a huge difference in your skin. You can tell that it really has flattened out a ton. Isn't it nice to feel confident?!! Good for you, being able to get back out there working with people again too. It's so nice to get on here and read so many logs of people who started close to my start date and to see that we are all getting such good results!

Hey R4B!! Wow, great progress so far, looking good! And that's so great you are back to working with the public at your job and feeling good about it.....things will only get better from here. So happy for you....

I've had a couple days myself lately where, with makeup of course :D , I can almost remember what clear skin is like! Then the next day, I get a nice breakout to bring me back down to earth LOL.

Keep posting updates, it's great to hear about your progress!!

Hi all, I must say that it is really comforting to hear stories of other people in their late 20s who are using Accutane as a last resort. Makes me feel so much better that I'm not alone! Thank you for taking the time to share!

----Somewhere in Month 4----

Wow, so sorry I haven't updated in like forever!!

Well, things have slowly been improving and my doctor bumped me up to 80mg this month. So far so good, got a few small blemishes but overall looking good. I'm a little bummed about my forehead being scarred now but I'm grateful to not have unsightly painful lesions.

I have been getting back to my normal life and going out there into the world. Unfortunately that means I've neglected this place. Side effects are minimal: Dryness. back pain, mild insomnia.

I'll try to post an updated pic soon!

I hope everyone is doing well! Happy Holidays!!

It's been a year and a half since I finished.Sorry for not staying vigilant with the log, but once I started clearing up, I ran with it and never looked back. Here's a recent pic from a few weeks ago.

I still get the occasional blemish but nothing like before on my face. Only one cyst on my body which alarmed me but went away after a week.

Do I regret doing Accutane? No

Would I do it again? Hell yes!

For those who are going through the treatment or contemplating it, I wish you the best of luck. Accutane saved me and gave me my dignity back. I hope it can do the same for you.

post-38079-0-35697900-1324967198_thumb.j

post-38079-0-35697900-1324967198_thumb.j

wow congrats to you! youre progress is just amazing and gives all us taners some hope and inspiration. thanks for checking back and sharing. beautiful

It's been a year and a half since I finished.Sorry for not staying vigilant with the log, but once I started clearing up, I ran with it and never looked back. Here's a recent pic from a few weeks ago.

I still get the occasional blemish but nothing like before on my face. Only one cyst on my body which alarmed me but went away after a week.

For those who are going through the treatment or contemplating it, I wish you the best of luck. Accutane saved me and gave me my dignity back. I hope it can do the same for you.

Wow. It really works. So did the marks just dissapear with time? Did u have any further treatment for scars? Do u still have noticeable bumbs and uneveness in the skin?

Sorry for all the questions!

Wow. It really works. So did the marks just dissapear with time? Did u have any further treatment for scars? Do u still have noticeable bumbs and uneveness in the skin?

Sorry for all the questions!

I don't really have red marks save for the one or two minor blemishes I got within the last month. I anticipate those to disappear in another month. I do have some scarring, which is understandable since I had severe acne. My jaw line has the most scarring and I do have some indents on my forehead and cheeks. If you have nodules, you'll have to be realistic and expect some battle scars. However, I would rather take my skin how it is now than when it was covered with painful lesions.

I'm not sure about doing any treatment for scar removal at this time since I don't want to chance pissing my skin off again. I made one mistake within my first 6 months of finishing treatment: waxing my eyebrows. i have a small indent in between my eye brows because of that. If you do finish treatment and want to do anything cosmetic with your face, wait_at_least_six_months.

I'm still trying to move forward and always have this "boogeyman" fear that I will relapse. Even though it's doubtful, but I still do look in the mirror first thing in the morning and stay mindful of not touching my face and continuing regular skin care. My derm has me on AcZone in the morning and Epiduo at night. Both have done well at maintaining my skin post tane.

Feel free to ask questions; I don't mind answering. Best of luck to you!

Thank you to everyone for the kind compliments! I hope you all get positive results as well!