Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

Basically i suffer from severe acne, I have about 6 cysts in total, a couple on either side of my cheeks. But I have been on antibiotics for a few weeks and well I went to the beach yesterday and it helped alot. I have been told it is because of the bacteriaphages or something like that, that are in the sea water. So if I were to say grab loads of bottles and collect as sea water and use a spray to cover my face in sea water each day that would help my acne.

But will the bacteria that is in the sea water last a couple of months? or will it die and be completely pointless applying it on my face. This is because I dont live near the beach back in the UK, we were just on holiday.

Has anyone else tried this before?

Thank you

I have never heard of this.

I'm going to florida in a week.....altho I wasn't planning on getting my face wet from the water

*sigh* i have a LOT of scars and am very embarressed for people to see me without

make up *another sigh* lol.

sounds interesting, i wonder if putting salt in water would work?

hello,i just joined today to reply to this thread:)...abt 6 months back i had lots of sever acne with lots of pus n blood so went to my dermatologits n guess what she said....i need to wash my acne with warm salt water....what i did was...used (normal salt which was at home) salt in warm water... took cotton n wiped my acne with it twice...morning n nite n trust me worked like a miracle.....acne dried up n healed without any marks.....but after tat i started with anti boitics.....doxy.....n i stopped don it....i giess am gonna start again n check out what happens.....

Salt water is good because it acts as an exfoliate and it cleanses skin well. I've had great results just going to the beach. However, it can dry skin out a lot so I don't recommend using it all the time.