Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnegonenow

Healthy Meal Ideas Anyone?

I always ate allot of junk food at home cuz my parents sell junkfood to neighbors and at work the deli has only fried foods.

So i want to eat healthy starting today and i read Mr X Acne Says... eBook and it says to cut out all saturated fats , sugar, and vegetable oils from diet.

I am willing to eat healthy no matter what cuz it might help out my acne.

Im mainly gonna eat fruits and vegetables but the problem is that it sounds very boring and i dont know any cool recepies or spices...!!!

I have lentils in mind and plain oatmeal for breakfast...

Any ideas for meals ??? please help!!!!

Hey,

It is hard to eat healthy at first because it all seems so boring but really it's just about eating foods you like, and that tastes good to you.... for dinner tonight I had a cup of brown rice, lentils, and a stir fry of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions, and green peppers. Normally instead of lentils I'll cut up bite size pieces of chicken and then cook that stove top in some olive oil and spices until it's a little golden. Fish is good too; in general I think for dinner the general thing is just get alot of veggies, a good healthy grain, and fish or chicken, and also legumes are an option too. Also after all my food is finished cooking I pour a tablespoon of olive oil over it when it's plated for taste and extra calories.

For breakfast I eat plain oatmeal with cut up strawberries and blueberries, for snacks I eat cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple, cut up celery and red bell peppers with hummus, I have a daily bowl of salad with a ton of cut up cucumbers and green peppers in it, and then topped with the juice of a lemon wedge, and a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and some salt/pepper. I also everyday bake a sweet potato in the oven, or I cut it beforehand and have baked sweet potato fries. Additionally I haven't fully cut out EVERYTHING bad yet, so for lunch I still have a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, with red bell pepper slices and alot of lettuce on it. Pears, grapes, peaches, plums, apples, there's a ton of fruit to snack on, just up to you what you like. Same applies to veggies!! Nuts are a good option too but it just depends if you have any allergies etc. I'm still learning in regards to maintaining a healthy diet, so as I said it's up to you to experiment and feel whats best for you, also I'm still trying to expand my recipe and food ideas as I basically eat the same thing everyday, lol, so hopefully others will have suggestions too, and I know there are posts on the board that have meal ideas already so look for that also.

Hey,

It is hard to eat healthy at first because it all seems so boring but really it's just about eating foods you like, and that tastes good to you.... for dinner tonight I had a cup of brown rice, lentils, and a stir fry of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions, and green peppers. Normally instead of lentils I'll cut up bite size pieces of chicken and then cook that stove top in some olive oil and spices until it's a little golden. Fish is good too; in general I think for dinner the general thing is just get alot of veggies, a good healthy grain, and fish or chicken, and also legumes are an option too. Also after all my food is finished cooking I pour a tablespoon of olive oil over it when it's plated for taste and extra calories.

For breakfast I eat plain oatmeal with cut up strawberries and blueberries, for snacks I eat cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple, cut up celery and red bell peppers with hummus, I have a daily bowl of salad with a ton of cut up cucumbers and green peppers in it, and then topped with the juice of a lemon wedge, and a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and some salt/pepper. I also everyday bake a sweet potato in the oven, or I cut it beforehand and have baked sweet potato fries. Additionally I haven't fully cut out EVERYTHING bad yet, so for lunch I still have a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, with red bell pepper slices and alot of lettuce on it. Pears, grapes, peaches, plums, apples, there's a ton of fruit to snack on, just up to you what you like. Same applies to veggies!! Nuts are a good option too but it just depends if you have any allergies etc. I'm still learning in regards to maintaining a healthy diet, so as I said it's up to you to experiment and feel whats best for you, also I'm still trying to expand my recipe and food ideas as I basically eat the same thing everyday, lol, so hopefully others will have suggestions too, and I know there are posts on the board that have meal ideas already so look for that also.

That sounds good thanx!!!

Hey,

Well, you eat very healthy :) But that's way too much fruits!

How's your skin?

How's your skin?

Hi Eddie,

Sometimes I think it is too much fruit and therefor too much sugar but I have yet to really figure out any veggies to snack on aside from celery and bell pepper slices, also baby carrots, so I'm left with alot of hunger that I need to fill. Also, I try to make sure all fruit I eat is anti-inflammatory or has other health benefits, and sometimes just something I like alot (watermelon). This is the fruit I eat basically everyday, strawberries, blueberries, canteloupe, watermelon or pineapple, and sometimes a pear. Too much?? Also, why is fruit bad aside from sugar?? Sorry, I'm still learning regarding diet.

My skins not great but could be worse, I have about 2 actives right now but 4 or 5 fresh healing spots. Do you think I should try incorporating an egg or two daily and nuts maybe?? I know from your posts I've seen that you eat alot of eggs and nuts, currently I rarely eat any. I'm open to any kind of suggestions though regarding my diet, thanks!!

I think my best advice is to try google! I have found heaps of good meal ideas from that ;)

I do not know what kind of food you like, but I really love eating alot of Indian and Asian food, like lentil curries, thai curries and stir-fries etc. They are really tasty, easy and healthy if you cook them in the right way. And I also love salad which is obviously pretty healthy. My favourites are greek salad and tuna salad... and for lunch today I had a watermelon salad with feta cheese, red onion, mint and lime - yum!

Just experiment a bit and don't be afraid to muck up now and again. Soon enough I am I sure you will have lots of your own favourite healthy dishes and tricks :D

How's your skin?

Hi Eddie,

Sometimes I think it is too much fruit and therefor too much sugar but I have yet to really figure out any veggies to snack on aside from celery and bell pepper slices, also baby carrots, so I'm left with alot of hunger that I need to fill. Also, I try to make sure all fruit I eat is anti-inflammatory or has other health benefits, and sometimes just something I like alot (watermelon). This is the fruit I eat basically everyday, strawberries, blueberries, canteloupe, watermelon or pineapple, and sometimes a pear. Too much?? Also, why is fruit bad aside from sugar?? Sorry, I'm still learning regarding diet.

My skins not great but could be worse, I have about 2 actives right now but 4 or 5 fresh healing spots. Do you think I should try incorporating an egg or two daily and nuts maybe?? I know from your posts I've seen that you eat alot of eggs and nuts, currently I rarely eat any. I'm open to any kind of suggestions though regarding my diet, thanks!!

If you're clear then it's safe to eat a lot of fruits! Also, fruits are great for your skin! And it's versatile.

Don't be afraid of eggs unless you break out from them. They are very good for you! Two a day for breakfast is perfect.

Basically whenever you cook something, use a safe oil like olive oil, and season it well with things other than salt. Spicy foods have been proven to be great for your digestion! If you don't like spicy foods, you don't have to add much. There are so many great herbs and seasonings out there-garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne, nutmeg...the list goes on. They make healthy eating freaking delicious.

Also, raw veggies with hummus is very nummy.

:)

For dinner last night, I made organic pork marinated in pineapple and lime juice with hot pepper and ginger sprinkled on top, and stir-fried pea pods, green pepper, kiwi slices, onion, and plantains in extra virgin coconut oil with lime juice, a tiny bit of coconut sugar, some curry powder and a pinch of cinnamon. SO GOOD :drool:

Oatmeal is a good breakfast; I add about 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to mine because of the anti-oxidants, and a bit of shredded coconut for taste. Raw organic free range eggs are really healthy too, but taste a bit like snot; sometimes I scramble them in coconut oil with peppers and onions.

Dark chocolate is a great snack if you can handle it; 70% or above is best because of the lower sugar content. Pumpkin seeds are yummy too.

In general, I think stir-frying veggies like broccoli, peppers and onions in coconut oil and adding lean chicken or some fish for protein is a pretty healthy and tasty lunch or dinner. Serving the stir fry with some quinoa or brown basmati rice will make it more filling and give you more energy.

There's a thread containing links to dozens of threads on this, full of suggestions and recipes. It's right there at the top under Important Topics.

For dinner last night, I made organic pork marinated in pineapple and lime juice with hot pepper and ginger sprinkled on top, and stir-fried pea pods, green pepper, kiwi slices, onion, and plantains in extra virgin coconut oil with lime juice, a tiny bit of coconut sugar, some curry powder and a pinch of cinnamon. SO GOOD :drool:

Oatmeal is a good breakfast; I add about 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to mine because of the anti-oxidants, and a bit of shredded coconut for taste. Raw organic free range eggs are really healthy too, but taste a bit like snot; sometimes I scramble them in coconut oil with peppers and onions.

Dark chocolate is a great snack if you can handle it; 70% or above is best because of the lower sugar content. Pumpkin seeds are yummy too.

In general, I think stir-frying veggies like broccoli, peppers and onions in coconut oil and adding lean chicken or some fish for protein is a pretty healthy and tasty lunch or dinner. Serving the stir fry with some quinoa or brown basmati rice will make it more filling and give you more energy.

Your oatmeal recipe sound good! Do you cook it with water? Then add cocoa ?

check out green smoothies!

i found that using these made it easier to be healthy!

here is a thread about them.

or do a google search on "green smoothies". tons of info should pop up.

good luck!

Yep, I cook steel cut oats on the stove in water, then add the cocoa and the coconut flakes after it's done. Sometimes I also add cinnamon and a tiny bit of palm/coconut sugar, depending on what I crave that morning. :)

I also have oatmeal every day for breakfast :) I have a dinkel oatmeal, or is dinkel a word in english lol? Its like a more healthy one anyway... which I cook with just water and cinnamon and cardamom. Now in summer I also go and pick blueberries in the forest which I add to the oatmeal, very yummy!

Yep, I cook steel cut oats on the stove in water, then add the cocoa and the coconut flakes after it's done. Sometimes I also add cinnamon and a tiny bit of palm/coconut sugar, depending on what I crave that morning. :)

If you live near Lowell then you must certainly teach me how to cook :)

you seem like you know how to cook. I have a strong desire to learn!

I also have oatmeal every day for breakfast :) I have a dinkel oatmeal, or is dinkel a word in english lol? Its like a more healthy one anyway... which I cook with just water and cinnamon and cardamom. Now in summer I also go and pick blueberries in the forest which I add to the oatmeal, very yummy!

Sounds good. :) I used to add steel-cut oats into whey protein shakes then blend.

It taste pretty good! No need to cook it. lol

But I decided to stop drinking whey protein so I needed recipe! Or I may buy hemp protein and add it there! Hopefully it taste good. lol