Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kitkat123

[with pictures] serious acne =(

When you tried BP, how did you apply it? When? For how long? Most important question: Was the concentration 2.5%, 5%, or 10%??? Did you apply a moisturizer afterwards? What other treatments have you tried, and for how long on each?

There are so many things that could go wrong if a person doesn't follow a good BP plan which is why I have so many questions. Perhaps if you could provide some more detail, we'd better be able to give reasonable suggestions without shooting in the dark.

i applied it for around 1 month, then i gave up because it was giving me even more breakouts. I used 5%. And i used aloe vera as a moisturizer.

Using 5% was my mistake too when I tried BP the first time (age 12). My skin was extremely dry, cracked, I would use very little but at inconsistent times and I don't particularly remember using a moisturizer. I was miserable... I stopped the treatment because I thought I was damaging my skin; using 5%, I probably was!

This is my second trial with 2.5%- following CLOSELY to Dan Kern's regimen, and I have seen nothing but positive results. 2.5% is drying enough in the beginning stages, but it is sooooooooo much more manageable than it was 7 years ago with 5% (And yes, during these years, I tried practically every natural remedy except for urine and none worked...)

First, consider trying the regimen (which you can read about by following the get clear tab, followed by start here, what to expect, and biggest mistakes). It's inexpensive and doesn't require a prescription. There are even alternative products you can use if you can't or don't want to order offline. I suggest this first because it seems to be VERY successful and inexpensive.

If this treatment doesn't work for you, you might need something stronger. I've read that they've come out with a new prescription drug called aczone, but even with insurance it's around $50. Other options are accutane (there are logs people have kept on it through this website, along with the many others for different treatments), retin-a, antibiotics, and the list goes on...

dont use aloe vera as moisturizer, it made me breakout like worse than ever, so that might be your problem, and make sure your using 2.5% BP

i strongly recommend a cleanser too

I agree..don't use aloe vera unless you have a sunburn or alot of redness

try using the cetaphil gentle cleaner..helps alot (face may be red after use for about 10-20 min)

however yours seems kind of deep I would go see a dermatologist..benzaclin is a really good prescription and works quickly too