Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to have okay acne, but later on it got so worse that I just couldn't take it anymore. I went on Accutane and now I'm clear. When I had acne I completely isolated myself from everyone and disappeared. I completely cut off contact with everyone, but since I got myself together emotionally I began to slowly start to live my life again from were I left it and called up my friends. All of them know I moved so its been hard to always keep contact, but its not like for me to disappear like that and they wondered what happened to me. The thing is I couldn't really tell them because it would be embarrassing, and may sound stupid to them. I just tell them I've been really busy, but I just don't like lying to people.

How I hate acne....

Hello there. I am sorry that you went through such a rough period of time. I know it's over and done with now, but honestly, I hope others learn from your testimonial. Acne doesn't have to make you isolated, it doesn't have to force you to become distant with friends. That is a conscious choice we all make. I know it's hard to live as if you don't have acne, but if these people are truly your friends, they will not care. And those who do are not worth the time of day anyways.

I think that, if you can, it's best to be open and honest about why you've been distant. Not only will you feel better, but it will probably help them understand your absence. If you cannot, I would just say that I was going through a rough period and things are looking up. Lying doesn't do you any good, it's a disservice to people you consider friends.

Regardless, I hope you find the strength to rebuild those friendships. Life is much happier with them. =)

eh i haven't seen any of my friends in about a year or a year and a half... they know why, but i dont like to go to much into it, because they wouldn't understand anyway. to them it probably just seems like "whats the big deal?".

I know the feeling of hiding away from friends. I have even done so to family. I feel selfish for cutting myself out of their lives. I usually would tell them I've been busy or have been not feeling well, which is not a lie just a vague explaination.