Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobby O

I have the perfect girl/guy for you...

Hello all it's been quite a while since I have posted anything on here, probably because I keep forgetting my username and password. Although I frequent the site and read the posts often. Back to the topic on hand.

Does anyone else have their friends or relatives always trying to fix them up with someone? They usually start with I have a friend who is really sweet, down to earth, family oriented, blood type O negative; okay that last one was not so accurate but you get the point. I have even had friends wives' who have barely known me for a day and already are trying to fix me up with someone they know. Telling them I am "soooo nice" and "very respectful". Did she also say "he has acne"? I just feel like if I meet the person and they see me they will be like "H-Iiii..." with a face that just crys out dissappointment.

At least when you meet a person on your own, you both get the initial package of appearance. If you have some mild to moderate acne they will see it then. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I look at the mirror and see the flaws so when others tell me I am goodlooking I'm flabbergasted.

It is not like I have a hard time meeting women, I just have a hard time sustaining a relationship.

Yes. I hate it. I work better alone.

You're scrutinizing the flaws and ignoring the fine points. When a woman meets you, they will observe both and make a decision regarding your physical appearance. That's how the first impression works. What comes out of your mouth next will have an equal or greater impact depending on her priorities. It may not have an impact if she values appearance over substance.

It's paranoia in my opinion. You're flabbergasted because you've spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about acne. There isn't room for positivity because negativity rules.

ahaha..my Dad always tells me how the girl next door is so pretty and how she asks for me n stuff...shes 16! i can go to jail ahahahahahahahaha

^ I wouldn't go that low because you're talking about a 16 year old. She probably doesn't even have a steady head, and will probably misinterpret the whole 'relationship'. I'm not going to wait two years. The selection of women that are legal are greater than one hot high school girl next door.

No.

My daddy says if any boys come to the house he'll kick their asses.

Mom's advice is to wink at a boy and say, "Hey big boy. ;)"

Needless to say, I don't listen to them... :ermm:

Why did I read the title and instantly think you were trying to hook up the whole forum :surprised: ?

Disappointed as I am ;) , I can relate to you not taking compliments seriously. On the odd occasion I do get them my mind go into BS detection mode. lol

Aww, Don't worry; the girl that will be for you won't care. That is, if you meet her while you still have acne. The truth of the matter is; A girl that is pretty serious about finding someone seriously in settling down with, can easily overlook acne. Guys need to be more concerned or aware of how they conduct themselves from having acne. Lets just face it, girls are attracted to confidence Whether: arrogant, cocky, humble, enthusastic etcc.. They dig guys that don't let the worlds troubles way them down and are able to pick themselves off the ground. Which, Alot of guys with acne are the complete opposite of that

I mean, When I had really... really... really bad acne, it was a complete women repellant. Not just because I looked like a pizza pie but about 90% was what It let me turn into... I tend to be on the easy-going, sensitive side anyways; so my chances of attacting the majority of women were cut in half but let alone, what happens when acne stays on your mind all day long. On the other hand, one of my best friends was a complete ladies Man and yet he had acne. Offcourse, he was one of those "Laidback, leadership kind of guys where if he wanted something, he'd go after it".. But anywayz, he had a totally differen't approach; got some proactive and stayed with it until he got better.. But in the meantime, he just lived life and girls found that really attractive.

Now, acne may scare some girls away but personality is the real deal breaker/maker. So, if you let acne affect how you would normally conduct yourself; its better safe to say that you won't have the ladies breaking down your door. Now, thats both bad a good at the same time.. I pesonally want to shoot for the "One", rather than the majority. I want the girl to like me for me, and not wat kind front I put on or just because i don't necessarilly have the clearest face. With this, I know she is the best compatible choice for me; which would mean my personal best chance for success.

As long as your at the point where you give the attitude of "I have acne and...So wat?" I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Remember, Live life and let the girl come across your path... I know its harder when you have girls on your mind and having acne tends to do that.. But when you get to the point where your mission is : Treating your acne and getting the daily life responsibililies accomplished, there will be a girl standing on the path. ALot of times, it ends up happening when you least expect it and the girl turns out different, then what you would normally picture..

Thanks for the your replies guys, I thought the topic would just go down in flames. I agree with most of what you all are saying. I myself do present an appealing personality displaying confidence, sense of humor and a bit of inteligence and that is me in the avatar. I guess it is alot in the way I was raised; my father would always point out the shortcomings or negative sides of things. I guess I just inherited that mindset of perfection or failure. So when I go out and meet someone and they seem to be really into me and enjoying my company I'm kinda like "Don't you see the spots on my face?!!!"

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who sees the flaws. Just recently I met a couple of my sisters friends at a BBQ, I did my usual routine of jokes with a mixture of deep conversation and by the end of the night two of the girls were giving each other dirty looks, one girl was crying and I was confused as [email protected]*&. Anyways my sister told me her friends were complimenting me on my good looks and sense of humor, the way I spoke. I was thinking did they see that zit on my forehead and neck?

No, I get the opposite.

I have a really good guy friend-like, we relate on a level that most of my friends don't understand. But I feel nothing romantic about my friend, even though he does about me. He's just not my type, at all. He's not a very happy soul, and he happens to have severe acne, which doesn't matter to me (obviously).

But my friends, his friends, always tell me that I should go out with him because we'd be "perfect together". Wow, I can guess at the similarity we share.

>_<

Which, though it sounds freaking shallow, makes me feel like my friends think I'm desperate for a boyfriend (which I'm not) and that I don't have a boyfriend because I can't get one (also not true).

But I can totally feel your pain. Acne's kept me from a lot of potential relationships.