Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superuke

Facial flushing

Hi, I would to ask if anyone has the same experience as me. Sometimes my face would flush red easily. When stressed or anxious or maybe when I don't drink water for a while. When I bend or exert strength. Why do I always flush? Does BP make you flush easily?

Sounds to me like you have Rosacea.

You should probably go to a derm and get it checked out.

i had exactly the same thing with BP- particularly after drinking alcohol funnily enough. Very strange. Whevever i drank, exercised or felt 'warm' on my face for any reason- it would come out beet red on the areas i applied the stuff. ...my doctor initially diagnosed me with a wheat allergy after a patch test came up negative! anyway I couldnt stand the thought of cutting out beer so i did some trial and error and found my skin was completely flush-free, even when i felt really 'hot' as it were. Now i avoid anything overdrying and stick to using an extra, EXTRA senstive soap, a very low % salycilic moisturizer and topical ibuprofen (sparingly). Funnily enough, nowadays I can always tell a product is too harsh (particularly cleansers) as the flushing comes back. Skin actually looks alot healthier (and clearer) now ive cut out the chemicals- but i do have very pale skin, so im probably in the minority! Could be a number of things other than the bp though, so best to get it checked out if your concerned.

good luck with it all though,

Tom.

Happened to me, but only once or twice when i apply too much treatment and too little moisturiser, went into a shop and someone asked where i had been on holiday lol

It could mean your using too much treatment as your face is irritated

sometimes after sun exposure , it gets red too. because BP robs you away of your SPF 3. anyway do you guys have any good sunscreen to reccommend to me? i'm 17 guy.

purposeredness reducing moisturizer with spf 30. This is the best moisturizer i have ever used. It's sold out on amazon.com right now so its kinda hard to find. If you do find it somewhere on the interwebs be ready to shell out 15 dollars for a 2.75 oz bottle (ouch). But i am telling you this stuff is great.

oh and it's made by johnson and johnson.