Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smoyle127

Smoyle127's Accutane Log

DAY 121

Everything is good but I'm noticing some dryness of my forehead as of late... I'm sure it's just a side effect. Everything else is the same.

I'm glad Accutane has worked well for you so far.

I'm on my second week, and it's so far so good. I've got a bit of dryness, especially on my lips, but noticing gradual improvements.

To read how pleased you are, after a long period of time, really gives me hope and confidence to persevere with everything.

Thanks and good luck! biggrin.gif

DAY 137

Going into the 5th month... it's really flying. Face has remained 100% clear and so has back. Dry skin on nose and chapped lips. That's it!

somehopeleft,

I was originally planned to have it for 6 months, but since we took it down to one pill a day instead of two Mon/Wed/Fri the derm said I might have to be on it for another month or two... I'm currently on my 5th month.

DAY 157

Same as always! "Thank God for Accutane!"

I'm really happy to see that this is working for you.

I took accutane about 2 years ago, but unfortunately my skin has gotten a lot worse lately, so I think I'm going to be one of those people that has to do two rounds of it. ..if I decide to go on it again.

Anyway, congrats. I'll keep reading to see how you're doing.

****BUMP****

I finished my accutane course, and it cleared my skin 100%! Sure, I still have some red marks and occasional pop-ups, but nothing that some Clearasil/Neutrogena Wash won't take care of.

Overall, accutane is TOTALLY worth it and I would recommend it to anyone! The only side effects I had were chapped lips, (which was pretty severe at times) and dry skin on my face.

Haven't checked in in a while....about a year to be exact. I've been breaking out occasionally (especially on my forehead) and may have to do another Accutane course, which is OK...but it didn't stay 100% clear as long as I wanted it to....oh well, we'll see what happens.