Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smoyle127

Smoyle127's Accutane Log

DAY 15

Lips are getting very dry, but face and back are clearing up greatly. Dry lips are very annoying because whenever I open my mouth, parts of my lips start bleeding. But my face is really clear...about 90%.

Smoyle man after I was my face and then try to open my mouth my lips just crack open and I get like paper cuts all on them. It hurts pretty bad even with stuff on em, but when you and like ketchup gets in there it hurts mega bad. Sounds like you are killing this mother, nice.

Yeah, the lips suck. But Accutane is doing it's job. I have like one pimple on the side of my nose, the rest are under the skin.

DAY 16

Again, dry lips. And like I said above, only one big pimple on the side of my nose, the rest are either very little or under the skin.

DAY 17

Lips are getting even drier...Ugh. But, face is clearing up very nicely. Forehead clear, cheeks mostly clear except for red marks and a zit on the left side, and chin is clear.

DAY 18

My back is looking awesome! biggrin.gif But, my face is really a mess. Not many pimples, but a lot of red marks/peeling/dryness. sad.gif And my lips look really bad. sad.gif Ugh.

wow your derm gave u accutane for treating mild acne ? i have ptretty bad acne and my derm says she would rather not prescribe it because it's not serious enough.

are u from USA ?

i am from germany and i noticed things r quite different here.

how many other stuff u tried before taking accutane ?

Yes, I'm from the USA - I was on OTC products like Clearisil, etc, then I went to Retin-A, then I went to Doxycycline/Retin-A, then finally I went to Accutane.

DAY 20

Face/back continuing to clear! biggrin.gif Lips aren't too bad, Vaseline does help a lot. Only very minor body aches. I have a one month checkup next Thursday I believe.

DAY 21 - WEEK 3

Now I'm really noticing the results. Face is clearing, only about 4 pimples on my face now, that are going away more every day. Back is really clearing as well. Lips are very dry, but like I always say, Vaseline helps! smile.gif

DAY 24

Face is looking better. Back is clearing. Lips dry but not as bad as before - and I have a dermatologist appointment this Thursday for the one month checkup.

DAY 25

WOW! Face is really getting clear, and it even feels smooth. I only have one "going-away" zit on the left side of my face between my cheek and nose. Back is also clearing and getting smoother. Lips aren't as dry. Checkup for derm is Thursday.

im doing the same dosage and probably only 2 weeks ahead of you..but i got a little tip for the chap lips(i use to use vaseline) they were all nasty and always peeled but i found the medicated blistex lip ointment which comes in a little box. it has made my lips practicaly normal just make sure to put it on before and after you get up/lay down to sleep.

DAY 26

Back is really clearing. I have about ONE pimple that is above the skin on my face right now - rest are scars or they are under the skin. And it's only day 26. WOW!