Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys so I got some pics of my acne. I know they look bad, but can you guys tell me how bad it really is? Be honest, I can take whatever you say. And if you can, can you tell me if any of them are scars? Also, how long do you think those red marks are gonna stay? I'm currently on Differin Gel .1 and using Cetaphil cleanser. I've been using differin for almost 2 years now. I only had acne on my forehead, and it cleared up some time in may 2008. But then a week later my cheeks were dry so my aunt gave me baby oil to put on my cheeks. It was a really dumb move, trust me I know. Now it's been over a year and my cheeks have a lot of acne. A lot of them are marks and I'm not sure if some of them are scars. Again, can you tell me which are scars/marks? Thank you. BTW, on my right cheek, those black marks on 2 of the pimples are dried blood. When I was washing my face, I guess the whitehead just broke and it became bleedy while I was sleeping. Does this cause a scar?

post-107380-1249430651_thumb.jpg

post-107380-1249430693_thumb.jpg

post-107380-1249430651_thumb.jpg

post-107380-1249430693_thumb.jpg

That is mild.. not bad at all. It looks fine :)

Thanks but can you tell me what kind of acne do I have and if they are scars?

Noy bad at all buddy :D

not to worry !

they just look ike short term damage , red marks

i get them and they sometimes last for up to month ( depending on the spot )

Im on Duac and i now swear by it for getting rid of the red marks faster :D

very honestly though i thought mine was bad and found out it wasnt , yours really isnt :)

Noy bad at all buddy :D

not to worry !

they just look ike short term damage , red marks

i get them and they sometimes last for up to month ( depending on the spot )

Im on Duac and i now swear by it for getting rid of the red marks faster :D

very honestly though i thought mine was bad and found out it wasnt , yours really isnt :)

Thanks for the comment :surprised: but some of the red marks have been there for over a month, and some have been there since march. I'm not sure if some will go away, maybe some marks just take a long while.

Ugh, c'mon. It looks totally fine. You obviously have no conception of "horrible acne". It looks like little red freckles. lol

Seriously, your bigger problem here is having your self-esteem shattered over something so small. I would work on that. =p

Ugh, c'mon. It looks totally fine. You obviously have no conception of "horrible acne". It looks like little red freckles. lol

Seriously, your bigger problem here is having your self-esteem shattered over something so small. I would work on that. =p

Trust me it's worse in real life. Not only that but the marks have been there for a couple months now. Some of them already 5 months.

I would not worry about the marks as much as you are, no offense :)

It is just hyperpigmentation of the skin caused by the acne. How long it lasts varies from person to person, but I assure you, this is a common problem. I have marks just like that and they can even last up to a year or two, but they DO go away eventually. And they are easier to cover up with makeup then acne is. Just DO NOT PICK your face, or the marks will be worse and last longer. There are also products and remidies that you can try on the red marks to make them fade faster.

Something I have been trying is drinking 4 tbsp. a day of organic apple cider vinigar and have had visible results. If you try this, just remember to give it a little time. There is no miracle cure :)

I hope this helps.

Trust me it's worse in real life. Not only that but the marks have been there for a couple months now. Some of them already 5 months.

OK...your acne is moderate. Not horrible, i've seen way worse. But! Its bad enough to get you down, and I will tell you that differin is not going to work for you. I tried differin a long time ago, and it did not work. Im not saying it wont for sure, but probably not because my acne was really stubborn and it looks like yours is too. Try retin A micro, it is really the only thing that helped to clear up my skin. But ive been on that for 3 years and it hasnt cleared up my face completely so i just started accutane.

OK...your acne is moderate. Not horrible, i've seen way worse. But! Its bad enough to get you down, and I will tell you that differin is not going to work for you. I tried differin a long time ago, and it did not work. Im not saying it wont for sure, but probably not because my acne was really stubborn and it looks like yours is too. Try retin A micro, it is really the only thing that helped to clear up my skin. But ive been on that for 3 years and it hasnt cleared up my face completely so i just started accutane.

Yeah, my right cheek seems fine. It's improving a little, but my left cheek is the problem. I broke out with pimples on my left cheek and they just left a lot of red marks. Some of the marks have been there for a while, and I'm not sure if it will go away because most of red marks last for 3 months, but in my case, maybe even more. I don't even pick my acne, yet they've been there for longer than I suspected. The thing is, I touch pimples on my forehead all the time, yet they go away without leaving marks. But my cheeks are a different story. I haven't gone out with my friends in a long time, I guess this year is gonna suck just like last year.