Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so it takes some guts to do this. i only do it when i go out of town. But, i like to make people feel better about themselves by going out with out any make-up on whatsoever. Not everyone can do it. and i'm not saying i have like one zit. i have quite a few and i like to pick, so i have scabs too. plus my skin is fair which makes the redness even more noticable. I like to remind people without acne how lucky they are. Or to remind people with mild acne that it's not so bad. am i weird, or does anyone else do that? haha

That's nice of you. I've had to do that because I'm a guy. I don't have the option of makeup. Maybe someone in the past looked at my face and felt better about their skin.

I'm a guy. I don't have the option of makeup.

Yes you do. You should read around this site a bit more. Guys can certainly wear acne concealer, some foundation, powders, etc. You just need to blend it so that it looks natural and not-noticeable. Your face can look almost totally clear without it being so. Don't feel comfortable wearing make-up because you're a guy? Get over it. Better to suck up your pride than live with damaged self-confidence.

Anyway, the original poster's story I thought was funny and kind of cute. Heartwarming. :D

I read the comment as "I'm a guy, so I can't wear make up. I enjoy smashing things with my head, grunting loudly, and eating meat". Sorry if I got up into a tizzy. lmao

Seriously though, I don't know what "not an option" means, but to any other guys out there: don't be afraid to improve your appearance with a little concealer or foundation.

I do the public a favor by living like howard hughes in the twilight of his life. Then my family says things such as, "why dont you go out more often?" etc.... Some people just dont understand the disgrace an ugly body brings to it's owner. This is why I stay home mainly, to protect the public from me and me from them, a mutually beneficial lack of a relationship if you ask me. I hear no complaints.

I'm usually a fan of staying inside as well, but i wasn't about to stay at home while my brother, who's like my best friend moves away. I was too lazy and didn't really care enough to put on make-up. Once i was out i realized "maaaaaaybe a little wouldn't have hurt." :)

I heard that in Japan the people are very well-groomed, at least in the big cities, because it's considered polite to be so. And that if your pores can be seen from a certain distant it's rude lol. hahaha I would be the rudest savage in Japan then..

I'm male and never considered make-up. Eating cows, smashing beer cans on my head, and fighting crime keeps me busy.

It falls under stubborn male pride category. Sure, there's the acne, but I don't want to feel like I'm getting ready for a drag show.

So I rough it. Never became reclusive--it was tempting--so the resulting issue has always been, despite being active, acne is never out of my mind and it hinders me severely.

--

xlindseyyloo, I don't know, it does seem kind of strange to me. I think it's a warmhearted gesture, definitely. But when I see someone in a wheel chair, it doesn't make me feel better about myself. I don't doubt it could make some people feel better about themselves. I just think the people who do are probably horrible human beings, who feed off of even the slightest misfortune of others.

There is something incredibly sexy about a girl who wears no foundation or facial make-up, despite not having a perfect complexion, but with perhaps just a little liner or shadow on her eyes, just to show that she's still aware of herself and making the effort, but that she is not overly proud about herself or vain. It quietly says... 'confidence'. It's the coolest! :)