Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey. I have some red marks and few scars (not too deep), I wanted to know any treatment for this. I am also worriedo to use tretinoin or other product that may cause a breakout. Please, I need help. Thanks (sorry for my english)

Try Tretinoin - might as well. It might not break you out, it might. Worth a go. The home remedies and stuff are great and can actually work even better than medical products, but it is hit and miss. Tretinoin is a very mild treatment, and actually very good for your skin anyway - so you could try that and then if it fails look towards alternative treatments like using extra virgin olive oil, or a fade cream.

ok thanks. However, I had used tretinoin before and it made me breakout a lot, for a long time, i never cleared up until my derm told me to stop using it, since then my skin is better, but i have some marks due to that ib. So it would be kinda silly to use tretinoin AGAIN.

Thanks

Ah I see. Well then it probably is not right for you. You might be best with alternative remedies then - perhaps try the emu oil treatment, or olive oil, or apple cider vinegar. These seem to be the hot treatments at the moment! Alternatively, if you want to keep to medical products, you could perhaps look at copper peptides - not really talked about much on this message board, but an alternative to tretinoin. Apparently though an improvement takes a long time to show on copper peptides though, and if you're impatient like me you'll want something that helps a bit sooner :D

Ah I see. Well then it probably is not right for you. You might be best with alternative remedies then - perhaps try the emu oil treatment, or olive oil, or apple cider vinegar. These seem to be the hot treatments at the moment! Alternatively, if you want to keep to medical products, you could perhaps look at copper peptides - not really talked about much on this message board, but an alternative to tretinoin. Apparently though an improvement takes a long time to show on copper peptides though, and if you're impatient like me you'll want something that helps a bit sooner :D

Ok thanks for your reply. I think i will just wait for a couple of weeks/a month to see if they start to fade away. If they do, i won't do anything, if they don't, i will try your options.

Thanks