Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneSpent

Hereditary Acne??

Im pretty sure i inherited acne from my dads genes and the process has been about the same as his when he had it. his went away just a little while after he turned 18 and the doctor tells me that mine should go away about the same time his did. i turned 18 in may and my acne is almost completely gone but i cant tell for sure if it is gone for good. sometimes my skin clears up then the next week BOOM its all back again. Has anyone else had acne go away about the same time as one of their parents?

My uncles have some pretty deep scarring from acne, so it's in my dad's genes I guess. My mom on the other hand had gorgeous skin.

My acne is starting to clear up with the zinc/water/no soda thing. I'm hoping it'll stay like that... plus my skin isn't the type to scar. :geek:

My parents don't even remember when their acne went away. They always tell my brother and I that it was never as bad as ours, that they only had 1-2 bumps at a time infrequently.

yea, my dad had alittle bit when he was younger. Mainly, he dealt with 1-2 huge cysts over a 1-3 year span or something like that. My mother has, I think, alittle bit of roseia now. I guess it doesn't matter how much they had but just the fact they had acne.

Yup. Same thing with me. My mom had it until she was about my age (20) and I happened to inherit that gene :wall: . Kinda stinks, but hey, i think i turned out pretty good.