Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
v_singh

anyone gotten rid of the holes, left after blackheads are gone?

are u talking bout the result of squeezing all the blackheads? i personally haven't..because of the size of my pores, more bacteria is getting clogged and I'm being more prone to those non inflamed acne...I have a lot of them now, I really want to get rid of them

Even if your blackheads are gone, they'll keep coming back at you like they did to me so I think people have to constantly take care of their skin. I think I'll try "Laura's regimen" it's worth a shot.

Good luck!

arent the "holes" just the size of your pores? if so, they dont shrink by just eliminating the blackheads :/ when my blackheads are extracted my pores are still large

Some years ago I managed to miraculously get rid of blackheads... But it took FOREVER for the holes to shrink and become less noticeable. And I mean many many many years of careful cleansing and making sure it is kept clean always. Back in the day I didn't have any Internet, so there wasn't a quick resource on how to shrink or get rid of them... SO I left them alone and didn't really think about it except to focus on keeping my face clean. Checking it out the other day, the holes are really really less visible now and if you stand a regular distance away you will not even notice the uneven skin :dance: . So I would say just leave it alone and make sure face is kept clean so that the skin can heal itself and also keep new blackheads away.

I have by using astringent. The astringent closed my pores. It doesn't keep the blackheads from coming back, but the holes disappeared.

Some years ago I managed to miraculously get rid of blackheads... But it took FOREVER for the holes to shrink and become less noticeable. And I mean many many many years of careful cleansing and making sure it is kept clean always. Back in the day I didn't have any Internet, so there wasn't a quick resource on how to shrink or get rid of them... SO I left them alone and didn't really think about it except to focus on keeping my face clean. Checking it out the other day, the holes are really really less visible now and if you stand a regular distance away you will not even notice the uneven skin :dance: . So I would say just leave it alone and make sure face is kept clean so that the skin can heal itself and also keep new blackheads away.

roughly how many years are you talkin ? and what types of products did you use during that time. cleanser, chemical exfoliant etc ??

thanks

I have by using astringent. The astringent closed my pores. It doesn't keep the blackheads from coming back, but the holes disappeared.

What type of astringent?

I don't know if you've found your solution yet but glycolic acid helps reduce the appearance of pores. I have large pores on my nose and whenever I use glycolic acid, my pores look non-existent. I'm using Dr. Joesoef's 8% glycolic acid. You can google it. I'm sure you can probably find cheaper ones in drugstores but this one works for me.

Good Luck. :D