Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am currently on Yasmin and my face has pretty much cleared up, but I have many red marks left from acne. I know there are different types of peels (Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic) but which one would help specifically for red marks? I've never done a peel before so what percent should I start out with? Is there usually an IB with them? Also, I take my senior pictures on August 12th, if I did a peel now, would my skin be okay by then? By okay I mean not flaking and red and peeling. Thanks! :)

If your senior pictures are on August 12th then the only peel you will have time for

is a Vitalize peel or a PCA (not TCA) peel. However, these peels take multiple treatments

to help fade spots since they are mild. To treat spots a TCA peel is supposedly good,

but it can take weeks to fully recover. If I were you I would go ahead and get a light

peel just so my skin would look fresh. Just remember that even a light peel has a downtime

of about 4-5 days. And be sure to put lots of moisturizer on!