Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noswagga

how bad is my acne?

ok ive been using ziana for almost a month now and this is what my skin looks like. how bad do you think it is?

post-105395-1248788410_thumb.jpg

post-105395-1248788410_thumb.jpg

It's relatively mild. They appear to mainly be non-inflaimed bumps, and the others are whiteheads. Not a big deal. And most of them seem relatively new. It's definitely something to be concerned about though. Good luck.

It's relatively mild. They appear to mainly be non-inflaimed bumps, and the others are whiteheads. Not a big deal. And most of them seem relatively new. It's definitely something to be concerned about though. Good luck.

thanks thats good to hear but i hink most of it is purging from ziana bc alot of thoe bumps were just white now red. is there anything i can do 2 heal it faster?

hey noswagga, i hit the one month mark today. im visiting my derm. i dont know if i am going to stick with it or not, im going to ask her for advice for the purging and redness because thats what im experiencing too. i'll let you know what she suggests.

from reading your log though you seem happy with this. although if this doesn't work for you id consider dans regime. your already using bp so you will kinda be used to it. i may do dans but im just fretting about the dry skin.

and i have just now developed dry skin from ziana around my chin.

anyways have a good day.

hey noswagga, i hit the one month mark today. im visiting my derm. i dont know if i am going to stick with it or not, im going to ask her for advice for the purging and redness because thats what im experiencing too. i'll let you know what she suggests.

from reading your log though you seem happy with this. although if this doesn't work for you id consider dans regime. your already using bp so you will kinda be used to it. i may do dans but im just fretting about the dry skin.

and i have just now developed dry skin from ziana around my chin.

anyways have a good day.

thanks please let me no what he says.

well my derm prescribed 6% bp triaz cleanser pads for the morning. she said my main problem was congested pores, and they are surfacingbecoming red she said she highly reccomends sticking with the ziana.

but since you have been using bp already in the morning you have basically been doing this routine. so my advice to you would be to either stick with it or dans regime.

i haven't decided what i want to do, i feel compelled to stay with the ziana since ive been using it for a month now. ugh i feel your pain.

if your acne on your forehead was underneath the skin, then ziana may be best. because when i was doing proactiv those bumps appeared and would not go away and sometimes surface. so maybe this purge will be worth it?

damn acne.

I'd call it mild/moderate, it depends. The good thing is your type of acne won't cause much scarring

I really recommend dans regimen! Your acne looks fairly mild/moderate, you don't have any cysts or nodules so I think it would work very well for you :)

thanks everyone i will keep doing the dkr regimen in morning and ziana @ night and let you no my progress.

thanks everyone i will keep doing the dkr regimen in morning and ziana @ night and let you no my progress.

This is interesting. My acne was about as bad as yours after I was on ziana. Honestly, all it did was make me break out, and It wasn't the initial breakout, unless it lasts for months. Well anyways, I went on the DKR, and it worked extremely well. I no longer have active acne. I would definitely recommend sticking with the regimen. Not sure about the ziana part, but hey, if it works for you, stick with it.

can i use SA with ziana to help the comedones?

Personally, I haven't tried it before, but give it a shot.

do u think it will break me out?

I wouldn't think so.

how should i incorporate this into my regimen?

apply the SA after you apply the ziana

i would focus on the inflamed stuff right now and stick with the bp. but if you wanted to do sa, i would wash with cetaphil, apply sa, and then moisturize

paulas choices is supposedly good. but i would stick with bp if i were you. or maybe mandelic acid?

im thinking about doing the dkr in morning and then ziana at night too! IDK what to do!!!

im going 2 stick with it, this has been my regimen for the past week:

Morning

8.5% BP cleanser(generic zoderm)

tone face with vinager

Proactiv 2.5% BP lotion

Eucerin sensitive spf 30 moistiurizer

Night

Dove sensitive skin fragrance free bar

Tape method

Tone face with vinager

Ziana gel

is this good? any suggestions.