Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AG123

BLACKHEADS ALL GONE

I had a lot of blackheads on my nose, nothing helped.

During accutane, my nose was 100% clear -- it was awesome.

I stopped it 8 months ago and my nose was oily and covered in them again.

I started using Panoxyl 5% (benzoyl peroxide) on my nose, after 3 nights most of the blackheads had dried up and gone. The two left were easily pulled out.

Try BP and tell me what you think.

i tried before, but there are health risks associated with BP, do a google

Almost all treatments have some sort of risk.

Benzoyl peroxide only has a few, the most alarming of which is long term use (talking about 3-4 years plus maybe everyday) could cause skin cancer.

I use BP about 2-3 times a week.

so you put BP at night before going to bed ? I have the same issue, my nose is oily a lot, it's actually the thing that gives me blackhead ?

so you put BP at night before going to bed ? I have the same issue, my nose is oily a lot, it's actually the thing that gives me blackhead ?

well bp dries out your skin, so you produce more oil in the end.

but the drying out initally causes blackheads to go.

Bp got rid of all of the blackheads on my chin, they're completely gone and they don't return as long as i use the bp once or twice a week.

Where can I find this?Is it from a doctor?

I rarely suffer from regular acne, an occasional zit or two around that time of month but my nose is filled with tiny blackheads.

i tried before, but there are health risks associated with BP, do a google

Almost all treatments have some sort of risk.

Benzoyl peroxide only has a few, the most alarming of which is long term use (talking about 3-4 years plus maybe everyday) could cause skin cancer.

I use BP about 2-3 times a week.

Actually, there has been no research that has shown an increase in skin cancer risk for people using BPO. Most of the time when people cite research that supposedly shows a connection, they are talking about mouse studies - which have a number of methodological limitations that don't allow the results to be applied to cancer risks in humans. Even the mice used in the studies are bred to have a strong genetic predisposition to cancer - so its very easy to induce tumor growth in these little guys (even things like topical Vitamin E will cause cancerous tumor growth in these mice). They are called SENCAR mice (sen = sensitive, car = carcinogen)

Even given their sensitivity, most of the research using BPO on the mice does not lead to cancerous tumor growths. Usually they only find increased growth in already present, noncancerous tumors. Rarely does BPO induce the growth of new tumors and there is only one study I could find that showed an increase in cancerous growths. This also only happens when the mice are first exposed to UV rays or a chemical compound that helps cause the tumors to develop.