Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meow Meow Hiss

mustered up the courage to post again

I've been a little absent on these boards and have sort of let my log slide since having a really bad three weeks with my skin. I was experiencing really clear skin very early in to my regimen and then suddenly got tons of dry skin, itching , peeling, burning, purging and what not. on top of that i had tons of little non-inflamed bumps around my nose and chin that i felt compelled to squeeze and would turn to inflamed. Well I'm all healed up now thanks to a much needed extraction of a monster zit on my naso-labial fold (i didn't realize it was so deep seeded and gross!) and a sample of paula's choice Sal Acid that ive been applying to my nose and chin, to zap all of those little non-inflamed bumps.

So far I've been liking the Paula's Choice 2% Sal Acid liquid, but I've always wanted to try Dan's since it's got great reviews and it packed with tons of performance ingredients. I've been thinking of a regimen that would take care of the inflammatory and non-inflammatory bumps and that would help to fade my PIH.

How does this regimen sound?

AM: DKR Cleanser/ DKR Sal Acid+ / Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin SPF 15

PM: DKR Cleanser / DKR BP / DKR Moisturizer w/ extra Jojoba Oil / AHA (every other night or every couple of nights)

I like the Sal Acid+ a lot, especially in combo with the BP, but I'd use it as a moisturizer at night rather than during the morning. Layering the SA with BP, it can clump up sometimes depending on how much you use. Sometimes it goes on fine with no clumping at all, but it's a little too finnicky for me to want to deal with in the morning when I'm trying to get out the door.

If you wanted to keep using the AHA as well without using it in the morning (which has the same issues as the SA in the morning as they have similar consistencies), you could alternate AHA with SA in the evenings.

I like the Sal Acid+ a lot, especially in combo with the BP, but I'd use it as a moisturizer at night rather than during the morning. Layering the SA with BP, it can clump up sometimes depending on how much you use. Sometimes it goes on fine with no clumping at all, but it's a little too finnicky for me to want to deal with in the morning when I'm trying to get out the door.

If you wanted to keep using the AHA as well without using it in the morning (which has the same issues as the SA in the morning as they have similar consistencies), you could alternate AHA with SA in the evenings.

That sounds good too. I guess I wanted to not have to use bp in the day since I've heard the sal acid is great under makeup (the bp makes my mineral makeup look cakey). Perhaps I need a liquid foundation? Will have to try the Almay. Thanks for the input! I might just copy the reg. in ur sig!

^ Sounds like you'll have to experiment to see what works for you. I've never had a problem with layering makeup over BP and the Acne.org moisturizer, but I have had trouble with the SA+ and AHA+, but it could very well be the opposite with your mineral makeup. (For the record, my all-face makeup routine is limited to blotting away excess oil and then dusting on Cover Girl loose powder.)