Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superuke

Vitamin B Complex and.. want to eat vitamin E with it. is it okay?

Hi. i just bought a bottle of Vitamin B Complex which has Vitamin C and zinc in it. i was wondering. will it help my acne problems? and if i stop taking it. will it cause me to breakout? and i'm thinking of taking vitamin E to help with my red marks problem. is it advisable? could anyone give me some advice? or perhaps i should just take a multi vitamin. whats the difference? thanks.

I am also taking vitamin B and E. Im curious to see what people have to say about this.

I have Always though that if I take a multivitamin everyday, it helps keep my skin clear. Thats just a personal thing I guess. I honestly have no clue if Vitamin E helps fade red marks. Try to google it and see what comes up.

So you are taking a multi? It works well?

Yeah I am taking a multivitamin and a separate vitamin C supplement.

zinc has been shown repeatedly over the decades to produce a statistically significant improvement in acne. What that means for typical patients might mean something like: instead of 20 new zits in a week, you might get only 16 new zits.

There is less documentation for a relationship with individual chemicals in the Vitamin B family and acne. In particular, there are random doctor reports of large dose B6/B12 causing/worsening acne.

I see no good evidence or reason to believe Vitamin C has anything to do with acne.

if i stop taking it. will it cause me to breakout?

zinc has been shown repeatedly over the decades to produce a statistically significant improvement in acne. What that means for typical patients might mean something like: instead of 20 new zits in a week, you might get only 16 new zits.

There is less documentation for a relationship with individual chemicals in the Vitamin B family and acne. In particular, there are random doctor reports of large dose B6/B12 causing/worsening acne.

I see no good evidence or reason to believe Vitamin C has anything to do with acne.

if i stop taking it. will it cause me to breakout?

If you get acne only when you stop taking X, that would seem to suggest that X cures your acne, so why not just keep taking X and not worry about it?

IMHO :D

Im taking vitamin C to help me get over a cold, not for acne.