Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emilyx0

So i just started the regimen.. (help)

Hey everyone!

Im new : )

Well i just started the regimen 2 days ago and im using oxy5 (2.5%).

I use a cetaphil (oil free) moisturizer and cleanser.

My problem is that i have a lot of clogged pores on my forehead ( they are not red or anything)

Just small white bumps that are clogged and very rough.

I also have this problem on my chin and in the sunlight its very bad!

I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, but the doctor doesn't think thats whats on my face..

Well its about day 3 now and my skin is pretty bad. They have become very red and my face is still very oily, not dry at all :S

A lot are rising and becoming red!

let me know whats going on

is it working

will it be clear? :(

I'm glad you decided to start the regimen! I had the very same problem with clogged pores on my forehead so I know what your going through! Everything your describing sounds pretty normal and the key to the regimen is giving it time. Don't give up because it does work!! Give it time it can take up to a few months but different cases vary. Just make sure your doing it all correctly, its sometimes even helpful to go back and watch dan's videos to make sure your being very gentle on your face, using the right amount, etc. Good luck to you!! Success will come! :)

I'm glad you decided to start the regimen! I had the very same problem with clogged pores on my forehead so I know what your going through! Everything your describing sounds pretty normal and the key to the regimen is giving it time. Don't give up because it does work!! Give it time it can take up to a few months but different cases vary. Just make sure your doing it all correctly, its sometimes even helpful to go back and watch dan's videos to make sure your being very gentle on your face, using the right amount, etc. Good luck to you!! Success will come! :)

Aww thank you so much for replying!! :)

Im only 16 and ive had this for the past 3 years now and i can't find a cure!

I went on vacation and when i came back i was CLEAR but after a week

even more came and this is when my chin ones showed up :|

Im going to stick with the regimen since ive seen pictures and heard all of the amazing reviews!

Im just really glad its not drying my face!

Im going to watch his videos again! :)

thanks so much for replying :)

Im going to stick with the regimen since ive seen pictures and heard all of the amazing reviews!

Whatever you do, DONT GIVE UP ON THE REGIMEN!! I was so close to throwing in the towel after month three, but I decided to stick with it for another month, Now I am clear, and have no active acne. The regimen works, just stick with it and you will be fine :dance:

Whatever you do, DONT GIVE UP ON THE REGIMEN!! I was so close to throwing in the towel after month three, but I decided to stick with it for another month, Now I am clear, and have no active acne. The regimen works, just stick with it and you will be fine :dance:

aww thanks for responding!

ahaha i was about to give up since ive tried everything, and when i say everything i mean everything :P but it just began to get worse and worse!

im gunna stick with this though it has the best reviews and most success!

im glad yours worked! :)

Thanks so much again! :)

OMG i have the same exact conditions as you!!!

i have the bumpy forehead and chin area, it just occured this summer out of the blue! i also have kp on the back of my arms. my derm said that can cause the acne on my back (its not severe at all relief). the kp doesnt really bother me, i can't see it, and if i put lotion it's not too bad. i also have some on my butt (TMI sorry ) THATS more annoying to have.

i was prescribed ziana but i dont know. i had sucess with proactiv this past year, i owe it to the bp. so im thinking about starting the regime as well! those bumps on my forehead are already surfacing from the ziana so idk.

the regime is my next shot i believe, keep us updated!

OMG i have the same exact conditions as you!!!

i have the bumpy forehead and chin area, it just occured this summer out of the blue! i also have kp on the back of my arms. my derm said that can cause the acne on my back (its not severe at all relief). the kp doesnt really bother me, i can't see it, and if i put lotion it's not too bad. i also have some on my butt (TMI sorry ) THATS more annoying to have.

i was prescribed ziana but i dont know. i had sucess with proactiv this past year, i owe it to the bp. so im thinking about starting the regime as well! those bumps on my forehead are already surfacing from the ziana so idk.

the regime is my next shot i believe, keep us updated!

Hey thanks for replying!

DONT USE PRO-ACTIVE AHH!

thats what caused my bumps! ( mine appeared in the summer last year)

i used to have such nice skin and had like 1 pimple every month in the corner of my hairline

and i decided to use proactive.

Well it made me turn pale ( im normally tan)

and it just made my skin so gross!

Than i got off it it

and bam all these tiny bumpy pimples appeared! :|

Now i went back to my natural path person and they told me to STOP bp because it just stops the breakouts and keeps them under the skin and thats why when you stop using it you get acne!

She told me to use castor oil and use baking soda as an exfoliater

what i have to do is:

at night cleanse, than mix the baking soda with a little bit of water, than you rub it on your face gently!

After that you take the oil and you rub on our face! Keep it on overnight and when you wake up

Put a hot wash cloth on your face to take of all the oil! Than cleanse and moisturize!

I was freaking out when she said oil because my face is extremely extremely oily!

But its supposed to cleanse out your yeast in your skin!

Which means take out all the bad stuff !

And in the long term its better for you since you can tan with it, and it does age your skin it makes your skin younger!

I dont know what to do anymore!!!

someone help:(

i have oily skin too! are you doing the castor oil thing? when i first stop using proactiv in the beggining of the summer i troed baking soda and my bumps on my forehead exploeded so i got scared and went back on proactiv. now im thinking if i roughed it out it wouldnt be dealing with this now....dammit.

so what have you been doing? no more dkr?

i have oily skin too! are you doing the castor oil thing? when i first stop using proactiv in the beggining of the summer i troed baking soda and my bumps on my forehead exploeded so i got scared and went back on proactiv. now im thinking if i roughed it out it wouldnt be dealing with this now....dammit.

so what have you been doing? no more dkr?

as of right now i stopped the BP and im on castor oil and baking soda!

Its so hard to tell if its working on it!

Im actually so confused!

My prob all started with pro-active and once i stopped this developed

Now im scared if i use the BP(which is in proactive) again than when i stop as i get older its all going to come back again and maybe even worse!

My naturalpath told me that bp keeps the acne (bacteria) under the skin and thats why when u stop using it you start to break out.

All the oil that the BP sucked up is all underneath and once u stop it begings to rise and come out extra oily!

im just so confusedd!

im sick of them and i hate being in the light with them.. they look 10x worse

this is so unfair :(

i feel betrayed by proactiv. i havent used bp for 30 days now, and i miss it. i miss having clear skin, and feeling confident. but then it turned on me with all these clogged pores and acne where I NEVER USE TO BREAKOUT BEFORE.

im so confused as what to do. and how to treat it.

i feel betrayed by proactiv. i havent used bp for 30 days now, and i miss it. i miss having clear skin, and feeling confident. but then it turned on me with all these clogged pores and acne where I NEVER USE TO BREAKOUT BEFORE.

im so confused as what to do. and how to treat it.

I KNOW!

thats what happened to me!

I was so stupid i would only get like 2 SMALL pimples every so often and than i decided to use proactive! Such a stupid move.!

now i have pimples all over my chin and forehead!

but yep in back on BP again ! ahaha my parents told me to go back on! Its day 4 now and ive noticed a change a bit on my forehead but my chins gotten a lot worse :(