Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scarlett0

IS OVER EXFOLIATING BAD?

Hi everyone-

I have a lot of whiteheads and blackheads around my nose and my inner cheeks and I've been using the Biore exfoliating scrub that has Salicylic acid in it (twice a day) for about a month.

My skin started drying up and I started getting huge pimples on my forehead and places where I usually don't get them. (I've also gotten multiple chemical peels done, but they don't work either)

Is there a way I can get rid of my blackheads/whiteheads without peeling my skin with acid?

Thanks for your help :)

I have used this stuff called "Queen Helene Apricot Scrub" for about a year everyday in the shower after shaving my face. I then wash my hair and face with the Head & Shoulders shampoo b/c of the zinc in it. When I get out of the shower my face feels like it has a layer of dried 'scum' or residue from soap. So I use a SA wipe after getting out and it feels great.

When I started it would make my skin dry. In the winter it might feel a little dry for a little bit if its windy now. I guess my skin got used to it and is A LOT smoother and clearer then before. Think it was a major part in clearing me up.

Hi everyone-

I have a lot of whiteheads and blackheads around my nose and my inner cheeks and I've been using the Biore exfoliating scrub that has Salicylic acid in it (twice a day) for about a month.

My skin started drying up and I started getting huge pimples on my forehead and places where I usually don't get them. (I've also gotten multiple chemical peels done, but they don't work either)

Is there a way I can get rid of my blackheads/whiteheads without peeling my skin with acid?

Take a look at the post about clearing pores, getting rid of tiny bumps. The Biore products: I have nothing good to say about them.

There's nothing wrong with using a chemical exfoliant like salicylic acid or glycolic acid or whatever. The skin is acidic itself. Proper exfoliation just helps get rid of the pore-clogging layer of dead skin.

You're using both chemical AND mechanical with that Biore product.

Check into the baby's hair brush method of exfoliation, or a spinning electric toothbrush for gentle mechanical exfoliation.

i agree with wynne .. the SA just removes the clogging layer of skin.

Hi everyone-

Take a look at the post about clearing pores, getting rid of tiny bumps. The Biore products: I have nothing good to say about them.

There's nothing wrong with using a chemical exfoliant like salicylic acid or glycolic acid or whatever. The skin is acidic itself. Proper exfoliation just helps get rid of the pore-clogging layer of dead skin.

You're using both chemical AND mechanical with that Biore product.

Check into the baby's hair brush method of exfoliation, or a spinning electric toothbrush for gentle mechanical exfoliation.