Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Yoshi

MASSIVE breakout...very depressed, please help

My skin was almost completely clear, with the exception of a few active pimples and some red marks. But now, in the past few days, everything has gone to hell. My whole face has just broken out like crazy. Compared to some people's acne it probably doesn't look so bad, but after being satisfied with my skin for the last couple months, I am really upset about this. I'll show you the worst places that I broke out in; my right cheek and around my mouth.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2984/025xrf.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5968/027bmh.jpg

I'm going on vacation in three weeks. I want it to be fun but if my face stays like this or gets even worse, then I am going to be pretty miserable. What I need help with is figuring out a way to get this stuff at least somewhat cleared up in the next few weeks. I'm thinking it's possible that this is just some random break out that will go away in a week or two, but I'm afraid more zits will show up, my goal is to prevent another breakout from happening.

So, I'd like some tips on how to clear up. If you know of something that works well, please share. I use BP and jojoba oil daily, wash my face twice a day, and take supplements daily. I also drink lemon juice. Perhaps the main problem is my diet. I eat chocolate ice cream like every other day, maybe that is really bad or something. I don't know. Any suggestions are appreciated.

If there was 1 solution to prevent breakouts we would all be on it, and acne wouldn't be as big a problem as it is!

The best thing to do is not to stress, and to reduce irritation to your face. Don't pick, don't over treat your face, and don't stress!

I have a wedding to go to in a week, and I'm trying to make sure I don't breakout (light therapy has helped me a lot, but breakouts still can happen). So I know what its like to want to insure clear skin for an event.

Also, fixing up your diet may be a good idea too (the effects of diet are debatable, and seem to be different for everyone). Dairy products and sugar may be making your acne worse, but you won't know until you try cutting those foods out of your diet. Also, processed foods probably wouldn't be doing you any favors (again, all the diet stuff is up for debate).

Goodluck

dont worry about your diet. it seems like your regimen needs to be changed becasue it isnt working anymore. i say go to your derm as soon as possible and go on an antibiotic like clindamycin. my skin was not as bad as yours and i was on perscriptions becasue i dont think the stuff available over the counter is strong enough. from the looks of your skin, clindamycin would do wonders. it works in like 2 weeks too which is great. it treats and prevents!

It's possible that you are just experiencing a breakout. You're still a teenager. Maybe you don't need to make a change to the regimen. Acne is unpredictable. I can't tell you how many times I was on an antibiotic and had to deal with a random breakout.

Be patient with your regimen and wait it out. There are other alternatives to bp such as salicylic and glycolic acid.

try joesoef sulfur soap. its awesome and works fast. for some extra help you can also order the sulfur lotion to apply directly to the zits at bedtime. it dries them up quickly.

Also i would advise leaving the spots , my skin is like yours , just when it looks like its about to heal up good and proper i get a nice new outbreak - roughly 30 of them .

It sucks - My GP says it is more than likely hormone related , seeing an endocrinologist soon about it all anyway :D

i would say , seen as it is likely to be hormonal , leave it be , dont aggrivate it too much , apply whatever cream you have for spots and apply to the spots

Best of all let them dry out :D

then they wil just flake off :D

that way you wont be left with any nasty big red marks from where there was a spot which you have picked or has been popped - etc etc :D

So, I'd like some tips on how to clear up.

Nobody has a cure for acne; I'm just a random nut on the Internet. However, if you're really motivated, try this for a week:

• If you're not sure whether dairy affects your acne, temporarily eliminate dairy.
  • Go to bed at exactly the same time each day, at least 9 hours before sunrise.
  • Sleep >8 hours.
  • Sleep in total darkness; black out windows; remove any LED devices from the room; use a sleep mask; do not let light touch your eyes at any point while sleeping.
  • If you do not eat meat, then take 30mg zinc picolinate just before bed.
  • Eliminate caffeine. If you can't, at least eliminate it in the 8 hours before bedtime.
  • (Hardest and most important) keep your eyes in outdoor light all day everyday. Do not wear sunglasses. Do not wear a hat. Have a direct line from the sky to your retina for as many hours per day as possible.