Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So today at my cousins baptism...I was talking with my other cousin about skin and how my skin has been breaking out and so has hers, even tho mine is worse yada yada yada. Then her dad chimes in....

" You know it all depends on how you wash your face and how often,what you use,what you eat...etc."

He just kept going on and on and eventually i just blocked him out because he was getting on my last nerve. If people really got acne from NOT washing there face and eating junk, I think everyone in the world except people who have acne should have it. If that makes sense? Im the only person I know that follows a strict acne regimen when I was my face, you know, a perfect balance so it doesnt get too dry or too oily or whatever the heck else could happen. Also, I eat EXTREMELY healthy...no pop, no sweets, no junk food at all. So if this is the case...why do i have acne?

UGHHHH it just really set me off. :evil:

Sometimes it just goes to show the common misperceptions on what causes acne. It's a complicated problem and if there were easy answers everyone in the world would have clear skin! You did the right thing by blocking him out and walking away - sometimes it's easier than getting into a full blown debate. That's why you came here - to blow off some steam to a community who 'gets' your problem!

I understand, and I agree with the poster above. Hold that frustration in until you can release it with people who know what you're talking about. This is a good spot.

People seriously don't understand and think they know everything. Jerks. I wouldn't be surprised if they think they could be derms :rolleyes: