Notifications
Clear all

Fasting takes away all my acne

MemberMember
(@faster)

Posted : 07/26/2009 9:46 pm

Hey, if you have oily skin and acne/pimples than this will most likely work for you as is does for me and others.

After fasting for more than 2 days i notice my acne/pimples and redish marks/acne on face and my oily skin is completely gone...my acne completely disappears.

My regime now /diet plan is fasting for at least 2-3 days and then eating one and then doing this on and on. it's called (intermittent fasting )

after the fast (more than 3 days ) if you start eating normally/everything you want you will notice that (at least i do) than my acne comes back and also my oily skin...So NO! it is not a CURE for acne it just makes your acne go away while you fast...In my case my acne goes away after 2 days and even more so for more than 3 day

dont eat anything ..only pure water.

Hey, if it works for me, why not for you....although maybe you have a different skin type (mines oily)

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 07/26/2009 10:38 pm

ive tried things like this before and our bodys really want food and need food i wouldnt suggest doing this.

But i also noticed similar reactions to fasting, but this may suggest many other things going on besides what you may be percieving as a treatment for your acne.

it may suggest that acne has something to do with the digestive process such as dysbiosis and harmful microbes that are surviving off the food you are eating and making toxins that interfere with the functioning of your sebaceous glands(theoretically of course).

or perhaps you are constipated which may also be due to the intestinal flora and fecal formation abilitys for successful elimination of toxins.

MemberMember
(@bessthe-a)

Posted : 07/26/2009 11:58 pm

I intermittently fast when I sleep. Then I break the fast when I eat break-fast.

But p. acnes is still there.

MemberMember
(@fballer12)

Posted : 07/27/2009 1:53 pm

Fasting permanently cured my acne.

I fasted 20 days, and it was the first time I had totally clear skin in years. I haven't had "1" pimple since. It also healed my scars and red marks.

That's why I haven't been on this forum in ages.

I eat the average American diet now and I don't care how I eat, yet I stay clear. If you want to be like this and stop worrying about taking supplements and focusing on every little thing you do during the day, while staying clear, than this is the only way.

It doesn't just cure acne, it heals your entire body. Acne was just a small part of what fasting got rid of for me. I cured my tmj, I no longer have water retention like I used to, I think clearer, I remember things better, I sleep better, and much more.

I feel like a kid and I have the skin of a kid.

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 07/27/2009 3:33 pm

Fasting permanently cured my acne.

I fasted 20 days, and it was the first time I had totally clear skin in years. I haven't had "1" pimple since. It also healed my scars and red marks.

That's why I haven't been on this forum in ages.

I eat the average American diet now and I don't care how I eat, yet I stay clear. If you want to be like this and stop worrying about taking supplements and focusing on every little thing you do during the day, while staying clear, than this is the only way.

It doesn't just cure acne, it heals your entire body. Acne was just a small part of what fasting got rid of for me. I cured my tmj, I no longer have water retention like I used to, I think clearer, I remember things better, I sleep better, and much more.

I feel like a kid and I have the skin of a kid.

im doubting this a bit, as when i fasted even my jaw tongue and throat immediatly weakened, this may have been because i was in bad shape at the time and it wasnt a good time to fast which also may suggest you need to be in great shape to perform a fast, i also felt younger though and thought clearer as you have testified,as for myself going beyond two days didnt seem safe, at least at the time.

still, what you claim is appealling but i wonder if improving the digestive process might create the same results with much less stress on the body.

when you say you dont care how you eat now ,yet stay clear, doesnt seem right either. there are definite mechanics to the human body, you cant just eat fried chicken everyday alone and expect the body to run like an olympic superstar. vitamins fiber and phytochemicals are needed in specific quantitys for optimal health, to just eat whatever seems like ignorance to reason and the mechanics of the world. yet you believe in the mechanics of fasting. its either reason and gods mechanics or hogwash, not a little of both.

the only way i may begin to describe the benefits you may have achieved is by way of altering the intestinal flora, you may have starved off the pathogenic bacteria that was living there feeding off of your bad diet. then again there are safer ways to do even this i believe.

another problem i have with fasting is that it is claimed to be cleansing, yet you make very little bowel movements so how is your body to get rid of waste?? another thing to learn about is how the liver gets rid of many toxins- it filters them out and releases them in the bile acids that are secreted when you ingest a meal, so if you are not eating any meals, your liver releases no bile acids that contain the toxins from the liver cleaning your blood. Bilirubin is old dead blood cells and is why your feces is brown, these are old dead blood cells your body needs to get rid of, if you stop eating and have no bowel movements, that means you are building up waste that your body cannot get rid of, therefore fasting is toxic to your body.

Excercise is perhaps more cleansing then a fast because then you get the lymph fluid flowing and nutrition to the cells that need it, i would promote daily exercise over fasting anyday of the week for optimal health.

Ive spent some time thinking about human anatomy and health, enhancing digestion and the absorption of nutrients as well as excretion of waste products is what needs to happen optimally for human life to continue successfully, the more i learn about the actions of plant fibers and how the interact with the human body, leads me to believe that fiber must be present in every meal, ive seen studies showing that pcb's can be "chelated" i dont know if using that term correctly or not, by what is called adsorption to rice fibers, essentialy enhancing the bodys ability to excrete these toxins as there is a tendancy for the body to reabsorb excess hormones and toxins back into the body, if they are not sucessfully eliminated in the bowel movement.

By using an argument of analogy i hypothesize that many of these plant fibers can perform other cleansing tasks that support human life and help us successfully rid the body of toxins and waste to preserve human tissues. To find out what specific toxins are interacting with what specific tissues by way of the specificitys of todays science methods may take a millenia, so i work on the most general concepts of health rather then the most specific, although each support each other within my own methods of determining how this world may work and production of knowledge about what is health.

really its as simple as absorption of nutrients and excretion of waste in harmonious fashion, although the specifics that make this hapen can be quite complex.

MemberMember
(@fballer12)

Posted : 07/27/2009 4:43 pm

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1159441

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/fasting.htm

Almost every animal fasts, including humans for all our history. It is natures way of healing. These articles should explain to you how the process works, and why it would cure acne, as well as every other disease one has at the time.

And in response to the food thing... I never said I thought my diet was good for you. I know it's not. Organic, raw, fresh fruits, vegetables, roots, tubers, and wild game meat is the only healthy way to eat. My point is the majority of people in this country eat anything they want and don't get acne. It isn't good for them, but acne isn't a symptom. You guys, as was I a few months ago, are acne prone. All sorts of things from diet to lack of sleep cause a breakout. This isn't normal. My fast healed my body and made me not "acne prone" anymore.

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 07/27/2009 5:31 pm

NO! it is not a CURE for acne it just makes your acne go away while you fast...In my case my acne goes away after 2 days and even more so for more than 3 day

What's your point then? With your logic someone will think that as long as you stay on a fast (water only), you will have clear skin. Do you not see the gaping flaw with what you're saying?

Almost every animal fasts, including humans for all our history. It is natures way of healing.

And in response to the food thing... I never said I thought my diet was good for you. I know it's not. Organic, raw, fresh fruits, vegetables, roots, tubers, and wild game meat is the only healthy way to eat. My point is the majority of people in this country eat anything they want and don't get acne. It isn't good for them, but acne isn't a symptom. You guys, as was I a few months ago, are acne prone. All sorts of things from diet to lack of sleep cause a breakout. This isn't normal. My fast healed my body and made me not "acne prone" anymore.

Right on brother! But man congrats on accomplishing 20 days of fasting...I only made it to 10 days. How did you stay so motivated for those days of not eating?

MemberMember
(@ericartman)

Posted : 07/27/2009 6:41 pm

fasting doesn't "heal your body"

it causes it to start eating itself

which isn't that good

MemberMember
(@bennyb)

Posted : 07/27/2009 7:09 pm

when you say fast, does that mean not eating anything?

MemberMember
(@fballer12)

Posted : 07/27/2009 8:01 pm

which isn't that good

You are so unbelievably wrong and misinformed that I'm not even going to bother explaining why. I feel bad for you, seriously. Not sympathetic, but bad.

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 07/27/2009 8:09 pm

Fasting doesn't cause your body to start 'eating itself.' Starvation does. A normal human body doesn't go into starvation mode until (usually) after 5 weeks of no food. If you don't believe me go ahead and do your research before claiming untrue statements.

when you say fast, does that mean not eating anything?

There are various forms of fasting, i.e. fruit fasting, vegetable fasting, water fasting, urine fasting, rice fasting. However, water (and urine) fasting are the most potent of all, so if you want radical transformation than research the value of this particular fasting and come to your own conclusion. Cheers.

MemberMember
(@rockets)

Posted : 07/27/2009 8:45 pm

I want to try this, but how long should I fast for initially? 20 days is a bit excessive.

MemberMember
(@mr-crab)

Posted : 07/27/2009 10:12 pm

I want to try this, but how long should I fast for initially? 20 days is a bit excessive.

I'd say start with 1-3 days. If it's only one day, keep it at only water. If you want to do 3, you can maybe do an apple fast. That should be a good start so you can work your way up.

MemberMember
(@optimus-prime)

Posted : 07/27/2009 10:28 pm

I've done the three day apple fast thing and my acne, red marks, and the overall complexion did improve but as soon as i stopped the fast they came back. HAHAHA. But I might try the water fast for a couple days at first and work my way up to 20.

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 07/27/2009 11:05 pm

There are various forms of fasting, i.e. fruit fasting, vegetable fasting, water fasting, urine fasting, rice fasting.

umm, ok how intelligent do we have to be to realize that drinking something that our bodys excrete as waste is NOT going to improve our health??

sorry just had to comment on this idea.

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 07/28/2009 2:58 am

I've done the three day apple fast thing and my acne, red marks, and the overall complexion did improve but as soon as i stopped the fast they came back. HAHAHA. But I might try the water fast for a couple days at first and work my way up to 20.

I started with 3 days, then 5, then 7, and eventually worked my up to 10 days. I realized going beyond 10 days was near impossible for me to do on my own, so good luck if you make it past 10 days by yourself.

MemberMember
(@santiago)

Posted : 07/28/2009 6:38 am

I started with 3 days, then 5, then 7, and eventually worked my up to 10 days. I realized going beyond 10 days was near impossible for me to do on my own, so good luck if you make it past 10 days by yourself.

pee pottery pete, what are your results/conclusions to your 10 day fasting?

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 07/29/2009 5:39 pm

pee pottery pete, what are your results/conclusions to your 10 day fasting?

I gotta say, every advancing fast I've undertaken has given me better and better results. My final fast was a 10 day fast, and it was the icing on the cake, so to speak. I can feel and see the difference in my skin...areas where I used to consistently break out bad were no longer in an inflammatory state, and the once prevalent acne are gone. Diet obviously has a big impact on how skin will react, but as long as you eat right your skin will thank you for it. Cheers

MemberMember
(@rockets)

Posted : 07/31/2009 7:24 pm

anyone trying this? I think I may try the 3day fast. I think during the 30day fast when the toxins are leaving your body you may get new break outs.

MemberMember
(@jimmy_jam)

Posted : 07/31/2009 10:46 pm

Is this for real? Doesnt not eating stress you out and then make you break out more?

MemberMember
(@strato)

Posted : 08/01/2009 10:17 am

A year back I didn't eat for a MONTH, just water, no juices or anything, JUST PURE WATER. And I still got acne.

MemberMember
(@charliieee)

Posted : 08/01/2009 11:36 am

A year back I didn't eat for a MONTH, just water, no juices or anything, JUST PURE WATER. And I still got acne.

Yeah, I fasted for 8 days with minimal water and didn't clear up totally. I was so weak.. I definitely don't think that was a good idea...I definitely should not have been working or driving during that time period. If you do fast, please do it during a weekend off where you can take it easy. Even a few too many sips of water would make me really nauseous and dizzy. *shudders*

Best and quickest way to clear up is to drink a glass of water, get a good night's sleep, go for a nice walk in the sunshine and eat a clean diet of mostly fruits and vegetables...I can clear up mad fast this way.

MemberMember
(@captshiner)

Posted : 08/01/2009 11:58 am

straight fasting is f'ing retarted. you should be including straight up protein (protein sparing modified fast) to at least spare muscle during that period

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 08/01/2009 12:35 pm

My regime now /diet plan is fasting for at least 2-3 days and then eating one and then doing this on and on. it's called (intermittent fasting )

I think it's called starving yourself. An occasional fast may be a good idea, but you can't do this long-term.

Find out what foods, or what types of foods, you're eating that are causing you to break out, and eliminate them from your diet.

With oily skin, you probably have insulin resistance, so you should eat a diet that improves insulin resistance and keeps your blood sugar stable (low carb or low GI diet that doesn't include any foods you are allergic or sensitive to).

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 08/01/2009 1:12 pm

How many times did you fast? You can't expect a cure after one fast. By the time I finished my fifth fast I was pretty cleared of my acne. And really, you did 30 days of water only? THat's pretty hardcore, but I'm surprised your acne problem didn't get any better.