Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimberlyannEMT

Will doctor deny me Accutane ever since law suit with Roche

Hey all,

I've been on Accutane before for moderate/persistent acne and about 6 months later, the acne seems to be creeping back.. I want to try for Accutane again (to finally get rid of it for good!).. As of right now, my acne is mild, but isn't responding to anything..

Do you think that my doctor will deny me Accutane this time because it might not be severe enough? I hear Roche has taken their Accutane off the market because of it's serious side-effects..

Accutane has been the only thing that has ever worked for me at all.

#1 Roche pulled accutane because it was no longer profitable for them to produce it, not because of lawsuits or bad side effects.

#2 Generics available in the US include Sotret, Claravis, and Amnesteem.

Moderators, if we made this a pinned thread/announcment would it cut down on repeat posts? Especially since these posts seem to lead to comments that get sent straight to the debate thread.

Have you considered the DKR regimen at all? I went to my derms about three months ago hoping he would put me on accutane because it worked in the past, but i just happened to be having a "good skin day" i guess you could say and he said my acne wasnt bad enough.. Accutane was the only thing that worked for me in the past so i was kinda dissapointed. In any case ive been on the regimen for about 2 months and it has worked ten times better then previous topical treatments ive tried.. ie: differin, retin-a, with a combination of multiple oral medications.

Have you considered the DKR regimen at all? I went to my derms about three months ago hoping he would put me on accutane because it worked in the past, but i just happened to be having a "good skin day" i guess you could say and he said my acne wasnt bad enough.. Accutane was the only thing that worked for me in the past so i was kinda dissapointed. In any case ive been on the regimen for about 2 months and it has worked ten times better then previous topical treatments ive tried.. ie: differin, retin-a, with a combination of multiple oral medications.

That's what I'm afraid of happening.. I'll end up having a "good skin day" and my doctor wont think I'll need it. I'll go in with absolutely no makeup, maybe that'll help! But I am really hoping though that I can, I've been getting those painful cysts every month for about three months since Accutane.. They leave these red marks that stay forever it seems. I hope I can go back on tane.

But of course, there's a high chance he wont prescribe me Accutane.. If that should be the case, then sure, I could definately look into the DKR regimen.. What is that exactly.. I'm sorry.. I'm new to Acne.org, sort of.

Thanks for the advice!

Take pictures of yourself and the individual cysts on those bad days, keep them. Print them off when it's time for your appointment.

...Moderators, if we made this a pinned thread/announcment would it cut down on repeat posts? Especially since these posts seem to lead to comments that get sent straight to the debate thread.

Good idea; but people hardly bother to use the search tool anyway much less read the pinned posts. There's now a pinned and closed post about Accutane being taken off the market.

I would definitely suggest taking some pictures as well if possible, and worst case scenario, youre forced into the regimen! lol...anyway, if I would have found the dkr regimen when i was 16 then it would have saved me 10 years of having acne. You can learn more about it at the home page of this website or by clicking on the "Get clear" tab up top there. I would say im about 90% break out free from it, which rocks, but if i would have found something a long time ago that worked as well as the regimen did then i wouldnt have to worry about what im going to do with all of these scars and red marks left from acne :(

...Moderators, if we made this a pinned thread/announcment would it cut down on repeat posts? Especially since these posts seem to lead to comments that get sent straight to the debate thread.

Good idea; but people hardly bother to use the search tool anyway much less read the pinned posts. There's now a pinned and closed post about Accutane being taken off the market.

Hehe, that's why I was wondering if it would even work. We'll see. :)

I would definitely suggest taking some pictures as well if possible, and worst case scenario, youre forced into the regimen! lol...anyway, if I would have found the dkr regimen when i was 16 then it would have saved me 10 years of having acne. You can learn more about it at the home page of this website or by clicking on the "Get clear" tab up top there. I would say im about 90% break out free from it, which rocks, but if i would have found something a long time ago that worked as well as the regimen did then i wouldnt have to worry about what im going to do with all of these scars and red marks left from acne :(

The crappy thing is that my app is tomorrow and I haven't had any of those nasty deep, painful cysts since maybe a week ago.. I only have one that is healing up on my cheek. I guess if he is going to see me about Accutane.. He'll have to take my word for it that the acne really has been getting worse and that the day I'm seeing him is probably one of my better skin days.

Alright, well thank you very much for the info.. I will check it out.

Great job on clearing your skin.

no they wont deny you....i just went to the dermatologist last week and he prescribed me accutane. i was worried about the same thing going in because of the whole law suit but he didnt even mention it

no they wont deny you....i just went to the dermatologist last week and he prescribed me accutane. i was worried about the same thing going in because of the whole law suit but he didnt even mention it

Huh, you're right.. My derm didn't even try to avoid Accutane. He put me right back on it! He was a very nice guy, you can read about my appointment in my log vvv

Hmm, but he did mention that if I didn't stay clear the first time, then there's not guarantee I'll stay clear the second time.. But he didn't know that before.. My acne was more all over my face, and now it's mostly my chin/mouth area.. Which is by far the worst place to get acne, at least I think so.. Not like there's any great place to get it.. but it is Just so noticeable around the mouth. Ughh yuck.

Scotty: I got the Accutane! Obviously.. Lol but yeah, read my log? Tells about my app.

Thanks guys : )