Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolguy

Cystic acne. Does running excercise help?

i heard running regularly can detoxify your system, and thus improve your skin complexion. if this is true...i may want to try it out rather than weight train (which is what i had been doing at the gym 3-4 months ago before my cystic acne appeared :cry: )

A while ago I stopped my weight training program and started running. I am sure it was good, but there are better exercises than running. It messed up my knees so I started back up on mountain biking and I can get more out of it. Anyway, you should be exercising whether you have acne or not, and honestly you'll just have to see for yourself if it works for you, because for some people it does and for some it doesn't. I've had bad cystic acne for about a year and running didn't seem to directly help it.

hey. thanks for the reply mr. crab! ya you're right about the you should be excercising whether you have acne or not. but im not going to the gym if i have a huge cyst on my face. i'll just do simple workouts at home since i don't have any of those big machines. if running helps with my acne. hell i'd do it everyday. and ya like you said even though it didn't really work for you, i guess i'll try it for myself and see if it works.

hey. thanks for the reply mr. crab! ya you're right about the you should be excercising whether you have acne or not. but im not going to the gym if i have a huge cyst on my face. i'll just do simple workouts at home since i don't have any of those big machines. if running helps with my acne. hell i'd do it everyday. and ya like you said even though it didn't really work for you, i guess i'll try it for myself and see if it works.

Alright, good luck! And you need to know this, always warm up by walking for maybe 10 minutes. Then, you can decide whether to stretch or just run and then it is a MUST to stretch after the run.

i'm confused. why would i stretch after i run?

If you stretch before running or walking for 10 minutes, it is not good for the muscles because they get strained when they're cold and not warmed up. You always need to warm the muscles up, and then stretch, so after a run would be the best choice, unless you warm up for 10 minutes and take a stretch session, and then go run.

hmmm. alright. thanks again! and i don't think i'll buy a road bicycle haha but thanks for the suggestion.

running, does help leaps and bounds, but the best thing to remember is sweating, imagine its a hot day, and you go for a 10k run, and sweat tremendously, then this will detoxing the body great, just remember to shower asap, to stop it being reabsorbed.

cheers santi.

ok. ya i heard the sweat detoxify's your body. but that's not the case for everyone i think. i guess i'll have to try and see for myself. Thanks! now don't reply back cus i don't think i'll check this thread again :P

I hate to the bearer of bad news, and this may not be true for everyone,but...

I began running about a year ago and I now run 6-8 miles a day. I also have cystic acne, and it has not improved. If anything, I have to be more attentive to my skincare regimen...if I don't wash my face immediately after working out, I break out very badly.

Running has so many other health benifits though! Don't be discouraged. Even if your skin does not improve, you will feel better about yourself!

I hate to the bearer of bad news, and this may not be true for everyone,but...

I began running about a year ago and I now run 6-8 miles a day. I also have cystic acne, and it has not improved. If anything, I have to be more attentive to my skincare regimen...if I don't wash my face immediately after working out, I break out very badly.

Running has so many other health benifits though! Don't be discouraged. Even if your skin does not improve, you will feel better about yourself!

alright i guess i am checking this thread once more. i can't help it. sorry to hear that running didn't improve your skin complexion. i'm kinda scared of running now haha but i think i might still give it a shot. but i'm curious....to anyone who will read my post...is there anyone who believes running had healed their acne?

I run almost every day, and while I wouldn't say that it is responsible for getting rid of my acne (thankfully, I'm pretty much clear 5 months after switching to a great dermatologist), I did notice that aerobic exercise helped heal individual pimples: for example, really inflamed zits sometimes calmed down after the run. For me, any aerobic exercise (running, biking, etc...) would have the same effect, making angry zits less red and swollen, though not getting rid of them entirely or preventing new ones. I don't know if this is just me, though, or if other people have noticed this too.

RUNNING or exercising in general is a POSITIVE thing. Don't be discouraged in anyway from working out or anything like that - the benefits are astounding.

I used to have the same probably when I went to the gym if I had acne or if I just looked weaker than everyone else, but I realized that we, ourselves, are SO much more critical on our appearances than anyone else. So don't be afraid to go the gym. No one cares. And running can't do anything but good to the body. Just remember to stretch well, before and after if possible and stay hydrated. Good luck!