Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bittersweet09

Cyberbulling from acne--i feel like crying :'(

My accutane treatment got extended from 4 months to 7 months beucase it wasnt healing all the wayy. Now im on my last month and it is getting a lot lot better...yayyyyy!

However, whenever i upload pictures on facebook or the internet i use the blemish control toolbox so my acne isnt that noticeable. Obviously im eally self concosious about my skin and dont want people to see me with acne but if you see me in person you would see it. It makes me feel better seeing my face clear and perfect---the way i wish it was.....

Until today, i logged on facebook and this girl in my class set her status "lets put high contrast on our photos and use blemish fix to hide our acne----u still have it! hahaha" and that hurt....REally really bad...im actually crying right now typing this :'(

I cant believe someone could be that cruel! This girl who goes to school with me i never realy talk to nor have i done anything to harm her. and to make it even worse some people are commenting on it--like "i know who you are talking about...haha-sick!" i dont make the pictures really obvious just that i have clear skin like everyone else-----some people can be bitches!

I feel like no one knows what i am going through......it hurts emotionally....

Aw monkey :comfort:

Those people are just doing that because they're bored/ want to feel important. I know its difficult to "just ignore them" but thats what works. Just know that soon your acne will be gone and you're an amazing person <3

Everyone does that to their photos :shifty: and those kids probably do it too. Atleast acne can be taken care of, but their sucky personalities will probably last a long time. Don;t socialize with bitches, they don't deserve your time.

That is horrible, why would they say that? I would immediately take them off my friends on facebook and ignore them in class. People like that piss me off, I wish was there so I could punch them in the face! Just hearing that story makes me angry. :mad:

and the thing is--that girl isnt that pretty herself(yeah she has clear skin) but she is major overweight and wears wayy too much makeup and bronzer that she looks orange...

all she does is get drunk and party all weekend...

i just dont understand why she would say that its not like ive talk to her that much to begin with or piss her off.

now i'll definately stay far away from her and her "friends." and what hurts even more is someone that i thought i was pretty good friends with posted a cruel comment onto hers this is what she posted

"yeah i know--i just talked to my mom about this---haha everyone knows she has gross acne."

it just hurts sooo much why would someone intentally say that---why?

At least you know your face will clear up in time....chances are she'll be a porker all her life. Too fat and lazy to do anything about it so just sits on her arse thinkin of ways to try make other people feel as shitty as she does inside.

But you're obviously too nice of a person to call her fat or anythin..so don't rise to it. sorry if that was harsh but people like her deserve it.

and i agree with the last post, haha.

She is probably jealous of you. You are likely more pretty than her. Bully's often pick apart others they see as a threat. They'll select some minute thing such as acne and try and bring you down. The best defense would be to not act like it bothers you. As if her opinion of you even matters. Pffft, who cares. Act EVEN happier and more joyful. Go join more clubs and strive for excellence. You only lose when you let other people's opinion control your life.

I agree with every other single post in here!

That girl is a sorry excuse for a person. Don't you listen to people like that, they are nasty. A mean personality like that is going to get her no where in life. She's probably so self-concious about her weight that she feels she needs to belittle someone else to make herself look better. She will probably always be a huge (overweight) bitch! (please excuse my language). She probably wears all that makeup to hide her ugliness! Call her a cake face! That's what she is.

Don't let those people bring you down : ) Accutane is going to clear you right up and then you're going to have beautiful skin and shine like a pretty flower : ) But she'll still be fat.

Good luck on your course, sweetheart, hang in there!

Soon to be Accutane log (pictures up)

Why don't you post her picture here and we'll make fun of her for you?

And stoop to her level?

I wouldn't think so.

I've been cyber bullied about it as well, and I had a lot of my friends come to my aid.

Just like friends are flocking to your aid here on this board.

I know it's hard, but the person making fun of you isn't worth your time to be honest.

People who matter don't care.

People who care don't matter.

<3

That is seriously horrible.

I would reply with something like "The 'blemish fix' feature is awesome!! Too bad there is no 'weight fix' feature, I know you would definitely benefit from it!" Okay that IS stooping to her level...so maybe just imagine it and it'll make you feel better! :)

I don't think I'll ever understand people like that. There are a ton of people on this site that have endured all sorts of emotional pain from acne and don't go make fun of overweight people to feel better about their problem. Seriously, it would make any normal person feel worse about themselves for saying something like that but I guess those kind of people are far from normal.

Wow, that is terrible of them. To be honest, they are most likely jealous. Don't stoop to her level and keep your head high. I don't even know what she looks like, but I can imagine that after reading this post, I'd find her hideous even if she was Aishwariya Rai. It's easy to forget, but the beauty that lasts comes from the inside... you're miles above her.

and the thing is--that girl isnt that pretty herself(yeah she has clear skin) but she is major overweight and wears wayy too much makeup and bronzer that she looks orange...

Sounds like she does not like herself either and is trying to make herself feel 'above' you to make her feel better about herself. Typical bimbo bitch. Not sure what weight her 'view' would hold...

Just remember: two wrongs don't make a right. The girl that is bullying you may be overweight and not all that pretty, but it is not right to treat her the way you are being treated. She is obviously insecure in her own skin and is mean to others in attempt to make herself feel better. Walk away, don't be friends with her and do not stoop to her level.

You came to this board looking for sympathy and we all feel bad you are being treated poorly. No one deserves to be bullied or ridiculed in ANY capacity. Stand up for yourself and others who find themselves in similar situations - you could save someone from feeling like you are today and set an example for your friends.

Just remember: two wrongs don't make a right. The girl that is bullying you may be overweight and not all that pretty, but it is not right to treat her the way you are being treated. She is obviously insecure in her own skin and is mean to others in attempt to make herself feel better. Walk away, don't be friends with her and do not stoop to her level.

You came to this board looking for sympathy and we all feel bad you are being treated poorly. No one deserves to be bullied or ridiculed in ANY capacity. Stand up for yourself and others who find themselves in similar situations - you could save someone from feeling like you are today and set an example for your friends.

as someone who was bullied (to my face) like crazy throughout high school, that's exactly how to keep getting treated the way you're being treated. once i was in college and i started fighting back, people stopped messing with me because they knew that i wasn't going to LET them do it anymore. these two pathetic girls i used to go to high school with tried cyberbullying me TWO YEARS after we left school and i made them both look like assholes for everyone to see and it felt good.

step one:

make the following your facebook status:

"It's a good thing I'm not fat, because there's no way to hide that in facebook pictures!"

even better, go up to her face and say it if that's possible.

step two:

after saying that to her face, or posting it as your facebook status and giving her a few days to see it, un-friend her. This whole "have-as-many-"friends"-as-possible-even-if-i-never-talk-to-these-people-in-real-life" thing is leftover from the days of myspace celebrities. unfriend her and every single person who you don't actually talk to or care about in real life. giving a bunch of people you don't know well access to your PERSONAL INFORMATION such as where you work, where you go to school, and who you hang out with is actually a SAFETY ISSUE, trust me, I KNOW. i'm very careful about whom i accept as "facebook friends" and regularly clean out my friends list, and i still don't list my job anyways. a good rule is that if you haven't seen or spoken to that person or they haven't interacted with you via facebook within a month of adding them then you should remove them from your friends list. you may also want to block this particular girl.

I know the insult bothers you, but you can't let them see that it bothers you.

Bullying is lowering someone's self-esteem in order to raise their own. They'll try it if they sense you're not confident, or if they can get a reaction out of you.

these two pathetic girls i used to go to high school with tried cyberbullying me TWO YEARS after we left school and i made them both look like assholes for everyone to see and it felt good.

Story time: How did you do it?

My advice would be not to reply back. You're only going to give her more fuel that way and she'll feel more powerful.

As hard as it is [take this from someone who always stands up for herself] - ignore it. It may be tempting to reply but you're only stooping down to her level. She WANTS you to get mad.

However, I know how tempting it can be, so if she keeps on making the remarks tell her to shut the hell up or you'll pop a zit in her huge-haul whole of a mouth if she keeps it up.

:|

these two pathetic girls i used to go to high school with tried cyberbullying me TWO YEARS after we left school and i made them both look like assholes for everyone to see and it felt good.

Story time: How did you do it?

the three of us were in a facebook group for our hs and they decided to show everyone that they're still cool by calling me out like they always would cuz they assumed i was still an easy target (like the OP i never associated myself with these girls throughout those 4 years lol)...so i put those fat b*tches in their place for the whole school to see and nobody had nothin to say back :)

so i unfriended her today---it felt good :)

but her profile is public..haha so i can see all she has but she cant see any on mine!

and the thing is we graduated high school this year---is shit is such middle school

Sad that people are still like that. I usually don't get picked on since people found out I sent a guy to the hospital for picking on me too much. And I'm overall a nice person. People like that don't deserve to have anybody. Just hold you head up high and become better than what she is. Good luck and stay positive! :D

Really?? wow. people need to grow up.. In a way having acne and struggling with it has defiantly humbled me. I know what its like, i know how much it hurts and when i see people who haven't had a pimple in their life sit there and make fun of someone who has makes me so sick to my stomach. Even some of my friends, they will be like "ewww he has acne" I turn to them and im like, "Come on, its not his fault, how would you feel" They seem to think its something people can control and that acne means your dirty or don't shower. Wow, really? Grow the F*** up. It pisses me off so much. I feel like if i never had acne i would be that person. The person who is so arrogant and naive to think its something people can prevent and they are just grody for having acne. Then they like to point it out on people and make them feel worse about how they look. My friend (i mean exfriend) would make fun of me for it right to my face. In my head i was just like, STFU. And then i realized..She has problems. I was her only friend, she was immature and didn't fit in with people. She tried to make herself feel better by making fun of my skin. The one flaw she didn't have. All im saying is i know how you feel. Make fun of the cow all you want to your friends and family but other than that, let it go. She isn't worth your time. Highschool bullshit is over and its time for you to take new steps in your life and grow, while those girls stay in the same old town, with the same old people, and talk about the same old crap becuase they have nothing better going on in their life.

Sorry for the really long post. Kinda needed to vent as well.

I hope that helps. :)

I know the insult bothers you, but you can't let them see that it bothers you.

Bullying is lowering someone's self-esteem in order to raise their own. They'll try it if they sense you're not confident, or if they can get a reaction out of you.

This, exactly.

Don't give her ammo to fuel the fire. Bullying loses its fun when they can't get a rise out of you. I'm glad you unfriended her. I would also unfriend anyone else who's made hurtful comments. Then move on with your life with your head held high, and don't let them drag you down.