Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amocksun

Questions About Moisturizers, Pore Minimizers and Makeup

Hi everyone, I am new here and planning to start the "regimen" today. I have some questions that I've always had, but I've never used a skincare forum before so I've never really asked.

I have verey oily skin- I've never had anything dry it out. The regimen says to use a moisturizer, which I am afraid to do. When my face is this oily, it feels like a bad idea to put anything creamy on it lol. But I will, so can anyone recommend one that is very unlikely to break me out or make me greasier? Also, I want to try the Clinique Pore Minimizer, is it a moisturizer? Can I use it as my only moisturizer?

Also, I have had acne for over 10 years, I have also been wearing makeup that long. I have tried about every type of makeup, though right now I use Almay's Truly Lasting Color foundation because its oil free and long lasting. I also use Sonia Kushuk mineral powder. Now, I love MAC, but I've thought of it as heavy, so I'm surprised to see it mentioned on an acne forum. Am I wrong? Does it not break you out?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice!