Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renn

Leave scars alone?

Has anyone ever been given the advice by a dr to leave thier scars alone and to let them heal by themselves? Some people claim that even using retin a can cause even more scarring , so a safe bet can be to leave your scars alone and let them heal naturally.

Oh yes, Retin-A is bad s#$t!

That's what caused my scars in the first place. I never had one until I used that crap.

ya, that's what I am going to do.. Although, they are called scars for a reason.. over time, they will definitely be less noticeable, or maybe not noticeable at all.. It comes with the territory of having moderate/severe acne.. but just like a scratch from an accident, it will eventually fade out or will barely be noticeable.

my brother had really bad acne for about 7 years.. he grew out of it at about 21.. he had some moderate scarring.. (some rolling, a few ice pick an boxcar) he left it completely alone... has NO scars .. they all went away

I'm also wondering whether to leave a few scars alone. Some of my scars (from a breakout almost a year ago) still have lots of pigmentation in them. So maybe these scars are still healing and may raise somewhat? Or maybe this is just wishful thinking smile.gif