Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emily Rose

Emily Rose's (ro)accutane diary

NOW WITH PICS!!!

Hey ^^ My name is Emily and im 16...and since 12 im dealing with these stubborn stupid pimples :( I tryed everything,from benzoyl peroxide to the harshest antibiotics and...(as u are expecting)...nothing worked at all.i kind of lost hope but i saw how many ppl used accutane and worked for them so i thought it might work for me too.

Today i had my first accutane pill...20 mg.thats a bit low-dosage,but i have some kidney problems so i think i will stay on 20 mg in the first 2 weeks-1 month.My acne is pretty bad now...:( it sux so much coz i feel like the first layer of my skin is very dry(and its peeling off)but underneath i see sebum...yuck :D so...i have dry flaky skin(used too much benzoyl peroxide this week)and oily too..XD Hope accutane will work for me,its my last hope.Ill keep this updated and ill be as honest as i can.For a girl that used to model,showing pics with her ugly acne isnt such an easy thing to do.:P but ill try to post some soon.:)

Hi Emily, just wanted to welcome you. I am new myself here, just started claravis about a week and a half ago. Good for you for taking control of the situation now - I only wish I had done so when I was 16. Good luck with your course, and keep us updated.

thank u so much *hugs* i really need support right now...coz i have a frail hope that accutane will finally give me clear face.

Today is the second day of roaccutane.though i said i use 20 mg,i decided to use 30 mg.though yesterday i took 30 mg i think my lips are a tiny tiny bit dryer and my throat is dryer then usual and i drink more(but thats a good sign,i always forget to drink enough water XD),So,today i took 30 mg.I noticed a weird thing...usually,after i pop my pimples (i know i dont have to,but..oh,so tempting)they still remain open,like with an open scar and the big red bump stays like that for a long time.but yesterday after i poped one,it was like no scar at all after 5 minutes but a huge,extrahuge bump which today is almost gone.wow...scarless acne...thats really good coz,u know,i have lots of red marks(maybe even more then active spots)...so,yes...ill continue and see what happens. :D

ps: i dont know if its really placebo or really this one-time taken pill...but....holly crap O.O my back is dry...im amazed...it was always,always very oily in the morning.now its dry and feels so smooth.though my face is still oily.hope in some days it will be nice and dry. :)

Hang in there & watch out for the picking! Side effects can include fragile skin & slower healing from what I understand. Popping could very well make things worse - I know that it has in my case & I have to force myself not to do it. And just to offset the torture youre about to endure, I would suggest getting some Aquaphor for your lips like, now. Mine became so dry that they were cracking & peeling like crazy. And not just my lips, but like the skin around my lips as well - to the point where it was painful. I got some little travel tubes of Aquaphor at Walgreens & theyre great for carrying around.

Good luck & keep us updated! Btw, I understand not wanting to post pics - Im not really comfortable with it either.

Thank you soooooo much downwithgrace *hugs* yeah,i know about fragile skin and such...brrr...its quite creepy...:D

Today i took my 4th dose of accutane 30 mg...and i feel great...my face is almost no-oil at all...but my nose somehow manages to get oily realllly fast.i dont know if the dose is low,or if its just 4 days...nott so much time...but im not expericening any side effects at all...for now.:D no dry skin(although my skin is peeling off,but thats my fault..too much benzoyl peroxide before starting accutane)...no nosebleeds....no dry lips...a

bout the pics...yep,its quite embarassing...but,i took some and hopefully ill post them soon,as soon as i find my usb cable.about mood changes....i was always moody,so i think ill never notice if accutane has that effect on me or not.

Hi there. Just wanted to show you some support. I started my accutane (amnesteem) on monday so we are on about the same day. I was also perscribed 20mg for the time being. Good luck with everything and I'll be sure to check your log for your progress. I'm gonna post pics of mine soon too. The only side effect I've noticed so far is dry eyes. No dry skin for me yet either.

thank you britt...:D knowing that smb goes through the same thing as me means a lot for me,thx again...^^ ill check out ur progress with tane also...hope we will both have some amazing results.yup,we have started tane in about the same day.hope we will not get those tricky dry lips soon...

sooo....today is my 5th day of accutane 30 mg yay!!!almost a week ^^....and what can i say...i feel amazing :D no side effects...yet (hope none..though i might be too optimistical :P)....not much to say....but *knock on wood* my face looks much better...hope ill not deal with initial breakout...

hey...although im sure nobody is seeing this...this log is really helping...so,today is my 7th day...so,my first week!till now everything works really fine...no dry skin,lips...no side effects at all...face is still a bit oily...but i think it looks better...

hey guys...wow....two weeks and 1 day over O.O thats so cool...i mean,i didnt even notice those two weeks...but i have so much to tell you.first...the power of accutane is really strong indeed...i mean,after 1 week my face cleared up COMPLETELY.i was amazed,i always had lot of acne and felt terrible and puted like 100X layers of foundation lol...but i went out on a date on 3th and i used just a small tiny drop of foundation...i felt so pretty...well,i was quite shocked that i had no dry anything and felt really good ... and that i dont have that "initial breackout"...so...i guess my body wanted to calm me down a bit XD and thats why some of the acne like "came back"...though its really good comparing to what it was...its like a miracle and its just 2 weeks!!!i cant wait to see my results after 6 months...though i am ready for more breackouts and stuff like that...coz i am sure everything will be ok after i finish 6 months of tane.well...about side effects...i have some...i dont feel worse,my skin feels smooth and pretty...my lips are really soft...but i have nosebleeds like...all the time...:( they arent what u may think they are...its just tiny drops of blood...a really small amount...but still...my nose is soooo dry...and the drops of blood tend to solidify...yup...yuck hehe :P so...my nose feels sooo "pickable" lol XD although i dont pick my nose...i clean it very gently with rose water and tiny soft sponges...it sucks coz i dont have one big noseblood to finish everything..but the blood drops in such a small amount...its a pain to clean my nose like...24/7...XD despite that,i love accutane...keep using it ! and dont lose hope !

P.S : my face is not oily anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey again to all my non-existing readers...bad news :( i mean...i have quite expected that to happen but...anyway...it sux :( well,two days ago my face was super clean and nice & smooth and my scars almost faded 100%...and in two days i made a journey from heaven to hell...my oh so clear cheeks are now full of new spots...not ginourmous ones...but still bad and red...im not losing hope thoguh,im sure that after 6 months ill be clear.at least i know i can be clear!coz two days ago i was!i mean...i know i have a chance after all...so,about side effects...no rash/red/dry skin or lips...(my face is always red and peely where the pimples are..so,not counting my face,all my body is soft & nice)...but my nosebleeds are still unstoppable...

hi to all my non-existing readers...:(((( im so sad today...i mean,ull ask:what does a girl need to be happy?well...new pair of shoes...got them...new awsome hairstyle...got it...invitation to the biggest party of the month...have it...a new incredible boyfriend...yup,got it too...and...acne?!:( acne actually ruins my entire life...i cant even meet my boyfriend during the day coz im afraid he will think im ugly...even tough he saw me in a room full of light...my fears are still here.does my new honey blond,hip long hair or my new shoes matter when my acne goes worse and worse?no...:( so,from today my acne has oficially become much much worse...that means...realllllyyyyyyy bad...:( i cant even enjoy all the oportunities life gives me...cant enjoy the fact that i have friends to go out with,that ive lost 10 lbs...that a mild sunshine enlightens my room...no,it doesn't matter...acne really makes my gloom deeper and deeper...(btw,no...im not depressed...and depression isnt coused by accutane..ive been much worse before)i still can laugh at a good joke,and smile when somebody greets me and be overall happy when thinking one day...ill wake up...and there will be no spots...but despite that,the mirror tells me "no no,my dear...ure not going to be happy with those on ur face...poor ugly thing...u used to be such a pretty doll..."so..yeah...im sorry if i bored somebody..(i highly doubt somebody reads that..)...:)

hi again..so...almost 1 month on accutane..and im so fuckin depressed :( my acne is not better at all...its just getting worse and worse..and that scares me a lot...after one week ill go to school,in a new class...with new classmates..and my face is worse than ever...:( i know many experienced the same thing..but,im so scared that even accutane will not help me...

hey emily first month on accutane is just the worst thing of all..even i suffered the worst days in my life during the first month ..like my acne increased to the core which i never had before...i bunked my coll..and stayed home..so embrassed...today suppose to be my day 63**...and my face is not the way i expected it to be !!!

hey jediv!!!yup,first month sux a lot...i didnt have so much acne since i was 12.and its like an entire chaos...one day it blows up and its ugly as hell,the other it calms down...and so on.so,ure in ur secod month...but dont lose hope u know!these days my acne is so much worse,but im not losing hope..coz hope and tane is all i got right now...im dreaming that next summer my face will be clear...and finally ill get a good tan(im milk white,with blond hair and green grey eyes..so...usually i hardly tan,but being on accutane makes the whole thing worse,coz my skin is super sensitive to sunlight now).id love to stay at home the whole month..but...atfer one week i must go to school dammit :( i know that usually ppl dont clear till 5-6 month...so,lets be positive(at least...as positive as we can)and trust this thing!if it worked for millions it just MUST work for us too...about side effects...my nose is still bleeding,but not as much...thats the nice thing...the bad thing is that my lips are getting dryer and dryer..and i use chapstick like...every half an hour...which is crazy..:P i guess ill use this stuff at school too even during lessons otherwise ill not be able to speak at all...they will crack and bleed...

btw...ill add pics after my whole treatment...i want to have clear before and afters...to see the real thing accutane can do...i got some pics of me with my acne now...so...each month i will make some...and then...after 6 months...ill put them all...for somebody who suffered from acne almost 6 years...6 months is nothing...and ill be at school..so...time flies really fast :D i began taking accutane on 26 july...so,i have to finish it on 26 december...one day after christmas and some days before new year...a xmas without acne..that would be the perfect gift...now im taking 30 mg...i intend to take more in the second month...60 mg...and keep it 60 till month five...then maybe ill take again 30 or 40 mg...i dont want to take more than 60...coz of my damaged left kidney...the doctor was really afraid of giving me accutane...but...i was making cute sad puppy-eyes...so...she finally agreed :D

i really feel sorry about your kidney problems...but hey your right should be confident as much as we can well im trying my best because i just had this kind of moderate acne which increased to severe after i have been on isotretinoin 40mg and i feel sick ....because i keep breaking out still and today suppose to be my day 64...well regarding those chapped lips use blistex it will help you a lot:)..good luck gal

25th day

hehe...tnx...uhm...i still cant say if my acne is moderate or severe...i guess its moderate with some tendences to severe(especially now)...ive bought blistex and yup,it really helps..tnx for ur advice :D uhm...bout ur breaking out..ithink its normal... :think: coz most ppl clear up & dont get more pimples within month 4-6...so...i believe everything is just fine with you.just keep on using accutane till u finish ur reccomended months...and dont forget to post before/afters :D ull finish it much sooner than me..im on my 25th day...

yup hopefully we find what we want ...at last..well today my day in college was not that bad ..as usual sleeping with eyes open lol..

haha...sleeping with my eyes open and/or looking right through my teacher happens to me a lot at maths or history...well,at the boring stuff..)) hope this school year will be at least better than the last...if my new classmates will be jerks or my new teachers will be relentless dictators im dead...but,like u said...hopefully everything will be just fine :D btw...how old r u?

i just turned 19th this august...:)...how was your day ..i guess it became a chat box for both of us ;)

lol..yeah...we would better do this thing on yahoo mess or smth XD well...today wasnt THAT great...becouse my skin is peeling of a bit..and i have a real hard time to peel it off before appyling makeup(otherwise my makeup will look even more caked on than it usually looks..lol)...i dream about the very happy day when i will finally use no makeup when going out..i love my skin,its naturally milky white,but with no red,just with a slight sallow tint in it,and its really soft and bright..well,it was like that till 12...then acne made my face(and a bit of my back)kind of rosy and with many hyperpigmentations..lol...im telling my entire skin story XD so,back to the bussines,my lips are hella dry...and my only solution is brag a chapstick or blistex or smth everywhere...and use moisture every half an hour like some crazy chapstick/etc obsessed.oh well...such is life...:D today ive bought some shoes(i love shoes)and some clothes...(love fashion obviously XD)..and that kind of made my day...despite my horrible skin.i took my 'tane pill today as well...though this month i didnt took accutane one day becouse i simply forgot..yup,silly me :) it will never happen again.and,i made some analyses and the androgens are a bitt higher than normal(im a teenager...duh)..as i expected it to be...so,i think ill take the pill while on accutane..but..well,i still dont know.:P and...i want to change my hair color...other than that,everything is going perfectly normal...

peeling its obvious during the first month ....it happened to me as well ..right now my legs are peeling strange...gonna color your hair that sounds cool...:)

wow....oO legs peeling...now my skin is peeling off a bit just on my face..hopefully it will not begin to peel on my hands or legs...:confused: so...here where i live now its morning...10 am...so...i just took my accutane pill....nothing happened for the last days...just the same peeling skin,dry lips and nosebleeds...and the same acne...