Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forever16

Fish Oil????????????????????????????????????

Well ive been doing some research on fish oil capsules and reading some reviews (Well alot of reviews)

and based on that information i have decided to try them out but I was wondering bout a few things such as...

1.Where Should i buy them at?

Because some say getting them at Wal-Mart isn't that great of an idea sooo should i instead get it at a health food store?

2.When I do buy the fish oil capsules around how much omega 3 should it have?

3.And how much EPA & DHA?

So If any of you Know an answer to at least one of my questions i would be very happy if you could answer ..

Please & thank you :angel:

Well ive been doing some research on fish oil capsules and reading some reviews (Well alot of reviews)

and based on that information i have decided to try them out but I was wondering bout a few things such as...

1.Where Should i buy them at?

Because some say getting them at Wal-Mart isn't that great of an idea sooo should i instead get it at a health food store?

Fish oil probably sells a lot faster at a health food store than at Wal-Mart, so you can be more assured of the product's freshness. (By the way, you should refrigerate fish oil once you buy it). The brands at a health food store might also have better labaratory standards for their products than the brands sold at Wal-Mart.

That said, I get my fish oil from Costco. Super cheap, and they have good standards.

2.When I do buy the fish oil capsules around how much omega 3 should it have?

3.And how much EPA & DHA?

The standard capsule has 300mg omega-3 in a 1-gram capsule (180mg EPA and 120mg DHA).

I think the trick is to take it with only vegetables or fish. Omega 6 fatty acids like the ones found in excess in most meat and grains compete for the same enzymes as the omega 3 in fish oil during digestion. So the best time to take your fish oil would be with a low omega 6 meal that's easily digestible. IE, a salad with no tomatoes (as fruit hinders the digestion of protein). Then wait an hour before eating anything else.