Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inspirit

New Acne Kit MaxClarity By Stiefel Labs

Stiefel Labs is one of the pioneers of BP, and they sell a lot of prescription items for acne.

I just learned about their new acne kit called MaxClarity, and I am ordering it. It contains a combination of salicylic acid and BP. I know this forum regimen is not too hot on the combination of BP and salicylic acid; I don't know why - most doctors recommend the two used together (BP for bacteria) and Salicylic acid (for exfoliation).

Since Dan recommends glycolic acid and BP, I still don't undertand why he is not too excited about PB and salicylic acid. SA is far more gentler than glycolic acid.

Anyway, anyone use this new acne kit? I'm going back to using BP with salicylic acid, until I get the kit.

I think the reason Dan is less enthused about SA because hasn't proven to be effective for as many people. Yes SA is gentler, but more people get real results with Gycolic Acid who wouldn't get any with SA.

SA works ok for me, but not as well as GA. My overall skin texture has really improved with GA, unlike SA.

But I'm glad to hear that the SA and BP combo is working for people. I guess if you have more sensitive skin, this would be the way to go.