Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyle 1

Dark spots

I no longer have active acne, but I do have some dark spots on my face where acne used to be. Anyone know how long these spots will take to fade, if they even will? And are there any products I could put on them to make the healing process faster? thanks in advance.

you can try bleach creams.or peels for fast, somewhat significant results. otherwise, time is what will 100% fade them. though it may take months to years sometimes. i really recommend wearing sunscreen year long, or at least while you go out, even for 10 minutes.

ive personally had success w/ chemical exfoliation. ie aha.

Moved to the Red Marks Left After Acne board.

Take a look around this board. There are lots of threads about the different methods people have used to help fade hyperpigmentation.

I'm a lighter toned African American and I would recommend hydroquinone [but not more than 2% or 3% unless you have really serious or large dark marks left&anything over those percentages needs a prescription] It's made my skin like completely clear by getting rid of those marks.

The 2% and 3% are available at stores like walmart and walgreens in the skincare aisle. Palmers also has a really good skin lotion called 'Eventone Fade Milk' I think thats the name lol I use it and it has sunscreen, AHA, and 2% hydroquinone. I also use a 3% hydroquinone if I get a scar or something. The 2% will take a bit longer to get rid of marks, and the 3% will probably get rid of it from 2 weeks to a month depending on the method you use and how big the mark is.

If you use a 3% cream, I would dot treat it and leave it on the spot and let it absorb into the skin.

That's what gets rid of them fastest for me :]

Just suggestions. Good luck!

<3

For some reason, the dark spots are fading rather quickly, and I haven't done anything about them yet. For once, I am happy I don't understand acne.

try a combination of retin a and hydroquinone. if you go to the doctor, you can get 8% hydroquinone instead of 2% over the counter :)

Hey Kyle! : )

Was reading your post and thought I could help..

Those marks will eventually fade with time, but I know that you want them gone sooner than later. Here are some things I could reccommend that have worked for me:

- Tretinoin Cream, I think this is the same thing that the person above me mentioned; a topical retinoid? Yes I believe that's it. You can talk to your derm about that, he'll be happy to let you in on other creams/treatments you can consider.

- Mario Badescu Healing Cream.. You can only buy this from their website: www.mariobadescu.com ; But it's well worth it if you're willing to spend a little over the price of "drugstore" stuff. It helps my red marks fade and speeds up skin healing in general I suppose.

- Mario Badescu Whitening Mask, I have this in a sample but have never tried it yet! You should Just really look for any whitening masks that you could do weekly to lighten your marks!

Hope I helped : )

Thanks again for posting in my log.

Hey Kyle! : )

Was reading your post and thought I could help..

Those marks will eventually fade with time, but I know that you want them gone sooner than later. Here are some things I could reccommend that have worked for me:

- Tretinoin Cream, I think this is the same thing that the person above me mentioned; a topical retinoid? Yes I believe that's it. You can talk to your derm about that, he'll be happy to let you in on other creams/treatments you can consider.

- Mario Badescu Healing Cream.. You can only buy this from their website: www.mariobadescu.com ; But it's well worth it if you're willing to spend a little over the price of "drugstore" stuff. It helps my red marks fade and speeds up skin healing in general I suppose.

- Mario Badescu Whitening Mask, I have this in a sample but have never tried it yet! You should Just really look for any whitening masks that you could do weekly to lighten your marks!

Hope I helped : )

Thanks again for posting in my log.

I was going to try going back to my dermatologist and ask if there was anything specifically that I should be doing, but for some strange reason, The marks started fading extremely quickly. Honestly, I don't know what happened with the spots. They are gone, and my face actually looks good.... never thought I would say that.

I was going to try going back to my dermatologist and ask if there was anything specifically that I should be doing, but for some strange reason, The marks started fading extremely quickly. Honestly, I don't know what happened with the spots. They are gone, and my face actually looks good.... never thought I would say that.

Maybe all your face needed was time. That's really good to hear.

Maybe all your face needed was time. That's really good to hear.

Yeah I guess so.