Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forever16

Natural supplement.............

Let me start from the beggining..I have light to moderate acne, i believe, and because of it i have changed my life style completely including eating more fruits and vegetables and also whole grains...you know the natural kind of stuff but my acne still doesnt seem to be ALL that better so im thinking its mainly hormonal ecspecially because i am 16 and i ALWAYS seem to break out around "That time of the month".. :rolleyes:

So my mom told me there may be a natural supplement that can help to balance my hormones and hopefully that will help reduce my breakouts.

So i need your guys help..

Can you tell me if such a Miracle supplement exisists and if it does PLEASE tell me what the **** it is!

Pleaze & thank you :angel:

Hey faithhope. I believe hormones play a role in everyone's acne, and of course what we do and put in our bodies affect our hormone levels. The best way to fix this problem is to find what affects your body because everyone is different with what affects them. However, there are supplements like Zinc that I believe affect a certain hormone. I am sure that there is something else that should be better for females though.

Supplements that help balance hormones actually aid the liver in breaking down the excess hormones. People with acne have a liver working at around 20%-40%. The liver has many functions such as detoxification, protien synthesis and production of of bio-chemicals for digestion. The liver filters out food and drink from toxins that can cause problems to our bodies. When the liver is working a 20%-40% it can`t purify food, drink and the blood from toxins and they come out through our skin causing skin problems such as acne or eczema.

To balance hormones first you need to find out with type of hormone is in excess, then you need to find the correct supplement to aid the liver in breaking down the hormones.

There are many herbs that improve liver function, remember our liver is working 20-40%. If we were able to reach a 50% plus effort we would see dramatic improvement in skin problems.

Supplements that help balance hormones actually aid the liver in breaking down the excess hormones. People with acne have a liver working at around 20%-40%. The liver has many functions such as detoxification, protien synthesis and production of of bio-chemicals for digestion. The liver filters out food and drink from toxins that can cause problems to our bodies. When the liver is working a 20%-40% it can`t purify food, drink and the blood from toxins and they come out through our skin causing skin problems such as acne or eczema.

To balance hormones first you need to find out with type of hormone is in excess, then you need to find the correct supplement to aid the liver in breaking down the hormones.

There are many herbs that improve liver function, remember our liver is working 20-40%. If we were able to reach a 50% plus effort we would see dramatic improvement in skin problems.

Your telling me a diet composed of fruits, veggies, nuts, and fish for about three months has not improved my liver function? Your telling me paleo for a year before that has not improved my liver function? Your telling me no soda or candy for most of my life hasn't improved my liver function.

This whole liver idea is bunk. There are people who poison there livers so badly with candy, alcohol, and chemicals yet have perfectly clear skin. Yet it causes me acne? I have no signs of a failing liver pal.

While I do agree that acne prone people should be taking care of their livers, that doesn't mean that acne prone people all have garbage livers.

ADAM multivitamin has really helped my acne. Different nutrients come in different supplemental forms, and ADAM has what's currently believed to be the best of everything.

You might be talking about DIM, Diindolylmethane. I used to take it a while back.... I'm not sure if it really helped with my acne but it definitely didn't hurt.

I would recommend not taking too many medications or supplements, you really don't need them to get clear.

K

hmmm..thats interesting advice but i have a question..

I was thinking bout taking fish oil supplements but now im not soo sure i mean alot of people have gotten better because of it but others have broken out sooo im scared now of going to go buy it do any of you have any ideas bout whether or not i should take it??

There are many. But taking things to specifically and directly alter hormones can help or make things worse, depending on your particular imbalance. Which is why it is best to worry about health so your body can balance itself. This means stable blood sugar, healthy liver, adrenals, determining and avoiding allergens and things you can't digest, sleep, dealing with stress, exercise, etc.

There's info on how to do these things here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...an-t230714.html

I was thinking bout taking fish oil supplements but now im not soo sure i mean alot of people have gotten better because of it but others have broken out sooo im scared now of going to go buy it do any of you have any ideas bout whether or not i should take it??

Fish Oil is not going to hurt you. It's great for general health. What is important is that you make sure it is not rancid, which is can be just as bad as trans fats and hydrogenated oils.

Fish Oil is not going to hurt you. It's great for general health. What is important is that you make sure it is not rancid, which is can be just as bad as trans fats and hydrogenated oils.

How do we know if it's rancid?

How do we know if it's rancid?

if its smells bad/fishy, its rancid. normal fish oil should taste and smell neutral.

another way to tell if its rancid is to place it in the freezer at around -5 degree Celsius. If its rancid, it will freeze like water. If its not, it will still be semi-liquid, or at least liquid in the middle of the capsule.

Over at my neck of the woods (singapore/asia), most if not all fish oil I obtain locally or shipped in from overseas end up rancid. Ended up giving up on fish oils. IIRC, they are very fragile and easy spoiled. No direct exposure to heat, sunlight and just keep it in the fridge to maximise shelf life